Deer and elk on the same night? Sure. Why not?

I suggested to my buddy one time, that he go sit on a certain waterhole. I had already killed an elk. I heard him fire several times. We met after dark. He had a cow and a bull down !!
Did said situation negatively affect the friendship? I was just waiting for my friends to say something like, "Friends don't let friends shoot too much meat."

How do you like the packwheel? I’ve thought about buying one for several years now.

Good Fortune is rare enough that I don't turn it down when it presents itself. Well Done, and you are here to tell the tale...

How do you like the packwheel? I’ve thought about buying one for several years now.
I like it. I borrowed one a few times three seasons ago, then bought one and have used it this year and last. The non-e models are great on flat, slight uphills, and downhills. They are a lot of work with significant weight in uphill sections. They also don't do great in more than a few inches of snow. The e-version handles uphill with weight like a champ.

I like it. I borrowed one a few times three seasons ago, then bought one and have used it this year and last. The non-e models are great on flat, slight uphills, and downhills. They are a lot of work with significant weight in uphill sections. They also don't do great in more than a few inches of snow. The e-version handles uphill with weight like a champ.
Gotcha. I would buy the e version but many of the places I would want to use them aren’t allowed. Unless there’s a loophole somewhere. I’m still not sure if a motorized game cart falls under the “motorized travel” law. It’s been tossed around plenty on forums and I’ve yet to see a concrete answer.

Gotcha. I would buy the e version but many of the places I would want to use them aren’t allowed. Unless there’s a loophole somewhere. I’m still not sure if a motorized game cart falls under the “motorized travel” law. It’s been tossed around plenty on forums and I’ve yet to see a concrete answer.
I'm with you on being cautious in where to use it. Some places I feel totally comfortable using the e-version, other places I just do not take it.

I'm with you on being cautious in where to use it. Some places I feel totally comfortable using the e-version, other places I just do not take it.
I actually called my local forest service department yesterday to ask. The lady who answered took my information and said she will find out. She, like me, knew the e-bike laws. However She couldn’t give me an answer on game carts. I don’t want to see e-bikes on closed trails either, yet I wouldn’t give anybody any flack for using an electric assisted game cart. On the same token I don’t think any forest service employee would even notice. But that’s not the point. It’s another question of “where is the line” in todays society. I’ll report back if I hear anything from them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back