Deep snow coyotes

brockel

Daughter and I went out for a day of coyote calling today. 15 degrees and almost no wind felt amazing from what earlier in the week was and what next week has coming. With the amount of snow we got there wasn’t a lot of getting around to my normal places so we did some cold rolling in new areas. Managed 5 stands before the daughter was whipped from trudging through the snow. She never complained a bit but I could tell she was smoked. After our last stand I was driving for about 5 minutes and it was awful quiet in the backseat. She was tipped over sleeping. Littlest coyote was only 16lbs
48FF5AC9-C4CB-4CAB-95EE-95F03DC2F875.jpeg3284D467-72B0-4E81-9A29-74B245CDCD4B.jpegAA6B2278-E32C-4B4B-9AB0-63F699701F07.jpeg1C210132-11C3-4A96-9C3F-E5054194E7AC.jpeg

What’s your go to calling sequence on every stand? Maybe a pm if that’s really the bread and butter. I love to see your coyote posts, very cool dude

Nice. My buddy sold two today for $6. Crazy low prices. Still so much fun though. Heading over in early January to spend a week.
Ya they aren’t worth much this year. I’m going to tan my good ones and sell them after they are tanned

Ya they aren’t worth much this year. I’m going to tan my good ones and sell them after they are tanned
My 7yr old son wants to help tan one that we get together.
I was out last weekend with him trying to get on one. We failed at taking coyotes but succeeded at having fun. He likes to tell the story of me missing.
I went solo yesterday because he had a commitment and I killed two with his new 6mm creedmoor rifle. Left them lay. I can't give them away right now.
20221217_113541.jpg20221217_103620.jpg

My 7yr old son wants to help tan one that we get together.
I was out last weekend with him trying to get on one. We failed at taking coyotes but succeeded at having fun. He likes to tell the story of me missing.
I went solo yesterday because he had a commitment and I killed two with his new 6mm creedmoor rifle. Left them lay. I can't give them away right now.
View attachment 256124View attachment 256125
Left em lay?? Dang I wish I was closer! Those are purty

Love it!!!.... probably heading over to the East in mid January. This week weather is going to be nasty it sounds like.

Just dumped some bait to do a bit of snaring today. Think I need to haul some up to my deer hunting area too. The snow is perfect depth now and soft where the coyotes have to follow trails but it’s not terribly difficult on the deer

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back