Daylight Savings time

An old Indian saying if I remember it correctly. "Only the white man would cut a foot off the end of a blanket then sew it to the other hoping to make it longer".
How else you gunna keep your feet warm?

I love fishing that extra hour after work, and hunting with my kids after school. Unfortunately, if they kept daylight time year-round our sunrise would be as late as 9am in the winter, so I’m willing to switch between them.

I like the changing between daylight and standard as well. I never bought into the all the horrible effects of losing or gaining an hour of sleep has on a person. Hell, when I was a younger man, come every weekend I would lose a lot more than an hour. never bothered me too much.

Glad I'm not the only one who's a fan.

The blanket metaphor...has nothing to do with what the time change actually does.

DST admittedly doesn't do much for southern latitudes, but in the north I find it hugely beneficial. I'd much rather not have the sun rise at 4am in the summer, nor at 9am in the winter.

The actual "time" has never been that important to our lifestyle. Work and play when you can, sleep when you can't. The importance of it is to be somewhere when someone else expects you to be somewhere. The time on the clock really means nothing. It's simply a marking standard to show up when you're supposed to.

I think you might have it backwards, sunrise is around 7am on Saturday, Sunday morning after DST goes into effect sunrise will be close to 8am
You are correct. I guess I am angry at the equinox. Sunrise is currently 6:25am here. It will be 5:45am towards the end of turkey season. I do know that daylight savings in the fall ends after work deer hunting for me...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back