Day pack for rifle

JohnCushman

Hey guys...

I'm in the market for a day pack for elk hunting that has the side scabbard to hold a rifle. I'd like something big enough to carry a day's worth of stuff, but also pack out backstraps and tenderloins, but hold my rifle. What do you guys recommend? I have a pack for packing out quarters/deboned meat, but would like something for everyday hunting.

Thanks...

Eberlestock works great for me. Several different models. I have the mini me and the j-107.

I have looked at the Eberlestock mini-me online, it has a pullout gamebag that they say you can haul some meat in(they have a video). Badlands has some new lightweight packs I would like to tryout also.

I use a eberlestock x1, seems to work pretty well. Has plenty of room for day trips and I like the scabbard. It feels kind of awkward trying to draw the rifle at first but in the heat of the moment it works really well. This will be my fourth season with it and I'd buy another, I haven't drank the MR kool-aid YET!

http://www.eberlestock.com/introducing_the_x__project.htm

Had that one and sold it, now wish I didn't. It was a nice pack. Would pick up another if I found a good deal. I had the original and the new one is probably better.

Now using a kifaru late season with the gun bearer and its real nice but a lot more money. It carries more weight comfortably for me than the x1 did.

Last edited:
Back