MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Day-by-Day MT Mountain Goat Hunt

TradeGun.62

Just finished watching Randy's day-by-day mountain goat hunt on YouTube. As usual a great hunt to watch and always cool when friend come together to help someone fill their tag!

Congrats Randy! Dandy of a goat.

I have to say I was more than a little dismayed by the film.
6 shots at the same animal before getting lucky and fluffying a shot into the unfortunate goat.
TBH I expected more from Randy. But appreciate all the pressure to harvest that particular goat and the considerable effort by the film crew and support team may well have clouded that doubtful judgement call to carry on sending lead across the mountain, in the hope of eventually getting a result.

I have to say I was more than a little dismayed by the film.
6 shots at the same animal before getting lucky and fluffying a shot into the unfortunate goat.
TBH I expected more from Randy. But appreciate all the pressure to harvest that particular goat and the considerable effort by the film crew and support team may well have clouded that doubtful judgement call to carry on sending lead across the mountain, in the hope of eventually getting a result.
At least they was honest about it, they could've edited it out and you wouldn't have anything to criticize about.

At least they was honest about it, they could've edited it out and you wouldn't have anything to criticize about.
True. But then there were that many witnesses to the debarcle, the truth would have come out eventually.

Until you have experienced a mountain goat hunt I would reserve my opinion regarding shots. Think about this. You have climbed into the death zone, breathing is difficult, your muscles are tired. Getting into a comfortable shooting position is difficult and the terrain is harsh. You have to take all into consideration. It is NOT easy to compose yourself for a steady shot. There are no shooting benches in mountain goat country. My .02 cents. MTG

Back