Daughter's First Turkey

Muley1

Well, after trying last year with no success, this year Hardscrabble's friend Brent invited us to a new location in hopes of getting my daughter Lakyn a better chance at her first turkey. The first hour was successful and you couldn't wipe the smile off her face the rest of the day. It was truly my best hunting memory yet!

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 121
This is at the top of my most memorable hunts. WSWAT (Brent) held off hunting this group of birds so we could arrive with the young hunter and give her the chance at them. After closing the distance and getting set up we heard two different sets of gobbles. Fifteen minuets worth off calling provided three heads coming up the hill infront of us. I told Muley1 to get Lakyn ready and that the birds are coming infront of us and not to the side like we thought would happen.

At twenty yards and fifteen yards these birds gobbled their heads off. Lakyn had to be a little excited at this point. When the birds stopped to check out the decoy at less than ten yards Lakyn hammered the one in the middle!

Since Glen and I had tags we took the other two birds. What an unbeliveble experience for a young hunter.

Congrats again Lakyn! Your uncle is proud of you :D

Hope you don't mind....

but that was such a great picture that I couldn't resist doing a little "adjusting"....

003.jpg

size of the file makes it tough to get the blue in her eyes "even" and she's got a little too much red in her face so if you wnat to see the original 'touched up" send me the picture "full sized" and I'll send it back to you..... [email protected] .......

GREAT PICTURE of one happy young lady.....

Congratulations.....

Steve

That is "way cool" as the kids say nowadays!!! A triple with the youngster in the middle just can't be beat!!! What a smile! I'll be working with my NWTF Chapter next weekend mentoring a youngun and I can't wait to do that every year the way you can interact with a longbeard and get a kid as excited as I am, LOL!!!

Last edited:
Back