PEAX Equipment

Daughter Iowa Archery

Muskeez

My daughter came home from college to bowhunt for the weekend. She has shot several bucks in SD with a rifle, and in Iowa with a muzzleloader, but this is her first archery buck. Shot from our tallest treestand in a real tree, not a heated box ;) Not a giant but she was super proud of it, and especially of her shot placement and being able to watch it fall 70 yards from her tree. She still has a doe depredation tag to use but will likely stick to her studies and 2 jobs in SD until our west river deer hunt in a few weeks. Proud dad moment :)
IMG_4668.JPGIMG_4665.JPGIMG_4667.JPG

Pretty freaking awesome love to see it. I am just loving hunting with my kids. There is never a dull moment, specially when my 9 year old daughter is with me.

Those straps are ridiculous. They look huge.

Awesome job and congrats!
Question on the shot. Was there much of a blood trail? I shot a buck awhile back pretty much same spot as this one was hit. Complete pass thru barely a speck of blood on the arrow and not one drop of blood to track. Died 75 yards from where it was shot. Not attempting to hijack the thread just curious. Thanks in advance.

oh ya, plenty of blood to follow if needed, she said the most was when it fell over, got back up and did 2 cartwheels while falling down again :) She watched it make 2 scrapes and when it stepped out from behind the last tree she drew and stopped him. 7 yard shot from our tallest stand, so sharp downward angle. Hit 1/3 up from bottom and came out 1/10 of the way up on the other side. Pass-through with 42# bow and fixed blade Muzzy.

haha, it was a big bodied deer but she likes to take the backstraps out all the way up the neck ;)

oh ya, plenty of blood to follow if needed, she said the most was when it fell over, got back up and did 2 cartwheels while falling down again :) She watched it make 2 scrapes and when it stepped out from behind the last tree she drew and stopped him. 7 yard shot from our tallest stand, so sharp downward angle. Hit 1/3 up from bottom and came out 1/10 of the way up on the other side. Pass-through with 42# bow and fixed blade Muzzy.
Mine was from ground blind so straight thru the heart no angles. Did have blood where it crashed but that was it. Thought it was weird there was no blood.
Anyways that's a great shot at that steep angle considering she was probably 20 ft or higher up.

Mine was from ground blind so straight thru the heart no angles. Did have blood where it crashed but that was it. Thought it was weird there was no blood.
Anyways that's a great shot at that steep angle considering she was probably 20 ft or higher up.

Sometime you stop the heart and it doesn't bleed.

Thats a great buck for a very deserving hunter. Excellent shot placement as well. (y)(y)(y)

Back