Caribou Gear Tarp

Dancin' sharpies (pic)

mtmiller

Well I can't find much time during the week to do field work, so I was out last weekend chasing grouse and eagles with a hunting partner/photographer. We found a few sage grouse, but they were winding down.

We were able to find an active sharptail lek and they put on quite a show. Here is one of the pics my buddy took. I wish I had his equipment, but mostly his talent.

2004_sharpies.sized.jpg

That's really cool...I have never been privy to witness such a great event. I bet it is awsome and the TV just doesn't do it justice...Thanks for the pic....!!!!

Way nice pics there mtmiller. I've never personally witnessed what is in the picture but where I elk/deer hunt in SE Idaho we run into groups of 50-75 birds at a time. Dang sharps are everywhere. We get lucky and see a handful of B-52 sage hens each fall as well.

Can't see a pic??? :( Next year I'm hoping to get up into the Curley Nat. Grasslands in hope of catching a few dancing sharpies. Heck, I'll probably be up there in Sept. trying to catch a few with a 20ga as well!

1_pointer, are you talking about the Curlew National Grasslands up around Snowville, UT and Stone/Holbrook, ID?? Just curious. My dad farms out in the Arbon valley area and sees a lot of both sharps and sage hens all year long.

Wile- That'd be the place. I've down quite a bit of work for the BLM west of Snowville and over around Grouse Creek. If those birds get to troublesome for your pops, just let me know! ;)

Sharpies have really expanded into my part of North Dakota. Spooky little bastards and they don't taste quite as good as partridge (doesn't stop me from drawing a bead though

I am excited for this fall as ND is having a prairie chicken hunt. Limited tags, if I'm lucky that things goin on the wall.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back