Caribou Gear Tarp

Dam Hard

Art Vandeley

Tomorrow is the day I’m going to have to do one of the hardest things I have done yet in my life. Telling my employer I’m leaving. Two years ago I had a great opportunity come up and I wimped out when it came time to quit. I’ve regretted it every day. Another great opportunity has presented itself and I’m not wimping out this time. It’s going to be hard at first but will be great for me and the wife in the long run. Business is business and that’s it. Wish me luck fellas. The grass isn’t always greener but this time it is, I can see it.

Tomorrow is the day I’m going to have to do one of the hardest things I have done yet in my life. Telling my employer I’m leaving. Two years ago I had a great opportunity come up and I wimped out when it came time to quit. I’ve regretted it every day. Another great opportunity has presented itself and I’m not wimping out this time. It’s going to be hard at first but will be great for me and the wife in the long run. Business is business and that’s it. Wish me luck fellas. The grass isn’t always greener but this time it is, I can see it.
If that is the hardest, wow, you've been fortunate or sheltered.😉.
In any case, good luck with your next endeavor. Every now and again you gotta stick your neck out.

leave well, if you are on good terms the door may be open for you to come back if things don't work out.

Planning on that, giving almost two months notice and will offer to continue to do some of the things I do that will be hard to get someone trained on beyond my last day if needed. I wish I felt more like Johnny Paycheck in this instance, it would make it easier. The outfit has been good to me but it’s time for change

Been there and backed out at the last minute. Gotta do what's best for you and your family. If you huve notice like that on those terms I guarantee you'll always have a plan b to fall back on and if you don't then you don't want to stay anyway for obvious reasons. Good luck.

Last edited:
Congratulations. It sounds like you and your employer have treated each other well, it should be an amicable ending. If you appreciate your ending job and boss, make it known. Almost all workers and bosses are people underneath the uniforms.

Good Luck.

7 years ago I left a job that I loved and had been at for 13 years. It was a difficult decision to make as I liked everything about that job.

The change allowed me to do some things professionally, personally, and with my family that I never could have done at the old job. It was a great decision to change jobs.

Edit…..13 years 6 out of state hunts…….the last 7 years 5 out of state hunts

Good for you. I left my job of 14 years, this Fall, for something different. It's been a good change, but I can relate to the difficulty of telling the old job (even when you know you're not doing anything wrong).

Good luck. I definitely agree with those saying to go out on good terms. I gave notice at work recently, and even though my family and I will be moving across the state and never plan to move back to the area we’re moving from, it’s nice to know that I would be quickly rehired by my employer should that ever need to happen.

I hope the transition goes great for you.

Stay classy my friend…do this and do what’s right for you and your family.

Back