Yeti GOBOX Collection

Dad Slugs Man Who Offers Money To Girl For Sex

Elkhunter

In the Bad Day topic D said:
We did take the kids to the mall last night for a closeout sale at some store, and I was a suspicious, nervous wreck the whole time we were there, but I always am when my kids are in crowded places.
And he is right to think like that.

WTG Mr. Hunt.
icon14.gif

POSTED: 8:20 a.m. EST February 13, 2004

YORK, Pa. -- What would you do if a man offered to pay your teenage daughter for sex while she was shopping?

Jimmy Hunt punched the man in the face. Prosecutors in York charged Hunt with disorderly conduct and simple assault. But they later dropped the charges after concluding that no jury would convict him.

Prosecutor Bill Graff said you can't take the law into your own hands, but it's likely that they'd get parents who'd say that's what they'd do if it was their daughter.

There's no disputing the fact that Hunt punched Armondo Hernandez in the face after he approached Hunt's 17-year-old daughter while she was shopping for nail polish at a Wal-Mart. Hunt called police after the incident.

Hernandez has pleaded guilty to indecent assault and harassment.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/2845050/detail.html

I would have dropped the pervert in his tracks too ....no question about it.
They say you can't take the law into your own hands...what law??? ...what would the police have done if they were called, instead of decking the jerk. They probably would have simply filed a report.

The way I see it, the 'law' is an extention of the Constitution, which is "Of the People,By the people, and For the people"....Too many folks think that only a government employee is responsible for it's enforcement...

In reality, it's me, it's you... That may be by our vote, our public envolvment in local matters, our family values, or DECKING some PERVERT in a mall for being an a$$hole!!!!

We just had an 11 yr old girl kidnapped and muredered, just last week, down here. If all that guy got was a solid whack on the jaw, he's lucky!!!!

I think that law enforcement needed their butts kicked for even considering charging him with anything. If some idiot approached my daughter that way, she'd deck him herself...she didn't serve in the USMC just for the glamour of it.

Heck, I don't know...I'd have probably hit him even if it wasn't my daughter...but then, that's just me.

-RogueWarrior-
"All in all, I'm just another hick in the mall"

The punk was lucky he only got his jaw jacked :mad:

I have 3 daughters, and I would have stomped a mudhole out of his a$$...I did hit a so called person for stating some crap about my girls and me :mad: ..Well the Medics and the cops swore that I hit this person more than once
fight.gif
The rest of the camp told them different...You can mess with me :eek: But don't mess with my wife and girls :mad:

Hunterman(Tony)

I wouldn't just deck him. By the time my number 12 got done rearranging his tool box, he wouldn't have sex on his mind for a while.
hump.gif

Jerry

I agree with everything everyone is saying except for one thing......

Rogue Warrior said that LE should have their butts kicked for ever thinking about charging the dad with a crime.....

As a LE Officer I understand why they charged him with what they did. Its called LIABILITY. My job is worth more to me and my family then some 17 year olds honor. Now I disagree with what the suspect did, and I wouldve done more than just deck the guy if it was my daughter, but if I got sent on the same exact call at work, I would have arrested the dad as well (probably just a ticket though). If I failed to take action for an obvious violation of the law, then I would be exposed for a HUGE law suit from the suspect for failing to act. It happens everyday in America. Criminals and victims alike are suing law enforcement for some of the most ridiculous reasons. A guy at work at a $1 million dollar law suit filed for pepper spraying a suspect that attacked him and his suspect at a Domestic Disturbance call. Luckily the suspect lost the law suit, but its for reasons like that that the officers arrested the father in this type of a case. Im sure the officers knew the case would go no where, but once they send the charges to the district attorneys, the liability is off their shoulders and on the shoulders of the DA's office.

Im sure RW meant no offense to LE in general by his comment, but sometimes people dont understand that although officers have some discretion in their enforcement of the laws, many times our hands are bound by those laws, and unfortnately we have to take action, when in fact we might not agree with why we HAVE to do so.....

Well, Ill step down off my
soapbox.gif
now, its just LE takes a lot of criticism with very little praise....people just need to remember, we are just doind our jobs.

TUFF

Tuffbucker,
I agree with you and thanks for your view point.
Yes, I agree that like everyone else if that happened to anyone in my family I would have got arrested also. Hell if I could not do the job then I would have paid the nearest large man to hel pme by holding him down so I could kick the s--- out of him.
great story and thank god for those with good moral beliefs.

I handed a beating to a guy one time that gave my sister a hard time. That wasn't even about sex, he was cussing her because he didn't like me. Imagine someone not liking ME.

B3lieve it! In 81, Clarksville Tennessee; three drunken police officers; one standing in front of my apartment window cursing at a young female Army Lieutenant who lived on the floor above me. I "politely" asked him to stop his loud swearing in front of my kids and window or to leave then went in to call the police. (He was in civilian clothes.) I waited fifteen minutes while he continued his verbal assault at her and me, then went out and flattened him. Two of his friends came running out so I flattened them as well. I did not discover they were police officers until the following day. :( No charges were ever filed.

Tuffbucker,

I offer an apology if I offended you in any way. Mine was a poor choice of words. In stating "LE," I was meaning the DA's office. Bad on me! I do know the difference. Too often people get in hot water for protecting their own due to a frivilous law-suit.

My Dad was, prior to his death, and two of my nephews are in law enforcement (cops, if you will...not meant derrogatory). I know what kind of crap they have to put up with every day, and also know that I don't have the tact or temperament to deal with it.

Again, I apologize if I caused you grief in any way.

-RogueWarrior-

Kicking the shit out of Mr. Hernandez would have been worth any jail time that the system could hand down! Glad they dropped the charges! :D :D :D :D :D :D

RW,

No apology needed..No grief here, just wanted to present a different point of view...and dont worry about calling us cops, I prefer Cop to PIG!!
LOL!!

Just lately Im sick of people(not anyone here) who give police officers such a hard time. Recently an officer I work with had her gun stolen in a fight with a suspect. The suspect fled and officers searched for him for hours. When they finally found him, he ran off, shooting at an officer as he ran. The officer fired back 2 times. The first round hit the suspect, the second hit a passing vehicle(no one hurt). The suspect was then run over by a deputy in an f350 superduty truck. (The suspect lived). Anyways, the persons whose vehicle got struck made a big deal about it on the news calling the officer irresponisble and that the officer had not right to shoot at the fleeing suspect-----even though the suspect was firing rounds at the officer. THis passer-by is now suing the city over the incident. INstead of being grateful that the officer helped stop the suspect before he either high jacked a car, or ran into a nearby store, causing a hostage situation. It just kinda frustrates me sometimes.....ya know, its like the people who call in and complain on officers for ding 5 over the speed limit, but when you get called to their house on something, they yell at you for not getting there quick enough.......

Okay, enough venting. ;)

TUFF

Have to agree with ya Tuffbuck, it seems like the media "slams" the cops most of the time. i just heard on the news that a black guy killed 2 cops , if it was the other way around it would be police brutality, we have alot of police chases out here in the phx. metro area and they show the bad guys way,way to much consideration IMO, most are stolen cars, so a felony is already in progress, then running at high speeds makes it a double felony, just once i would like to see the cops get up along side the stolen car and [when its safe] blast the punk with a shotgun. just one mans opinion.

THis passer-by is now suing the city over the incident. INstead of being grateful that the officer helped stop the suspect before he either high jacked a car, or ran into a nearby store, causing a hostage situation.
Just someone looking to pick up some money from the system. :(

Vent away.

I dropped a drunk guy like a hot rock on the street one evening for cussing out my wife. No charges were filed.

Man I would not only punch the sick f---. id take up tap dancing leasons on his head. I wont even mention all the losers ive knocked out at work.

"losers" ?? YAAAAAAAAY!!! Come on Rick, who straightened you out? :confused: Man, you spelled it right; been "loosers" for four years! :D I'm proud of you!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back