Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

CVA muzzleloader misfires all the time

I would dare load up with a cap on the nipple either, I'd take it off and then put it back on if I had to resort to that!

When I started this post, I had sent CVA, which is now BPI Outdoors, an email describing my problems. I never received a response back to my email. However, yesterday I received a mailing from them. In the envelope, was a "super nipple" in a blister pack. The text on the package say these deliver 100% of the flame to the powder. I haven't tried it out yet, but hopefully it will solve my problem.
I very much appreciate the company sending me this, however I wish they would have put a note in with the nipple explaining things a bit. Anyway, I'm glad a company does try to do the right thing!

Yes a bulged nipple can cause the gun to not fire on the first strike. The second strike normally goes off because the first strike SEATED the cap onto the nipple. Another thing you may need to look into is the firing pin spring. If its weak or even gummed up with fouling/lube, that could be causing it to stick and slow down.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back