Crispi Boots - Size and Fitting

samuel_284Win

All,
I have the Crispi Laponnias and Light Hikers, both of which I think are good boots and have their specific uses for me. I am looking at the Briksdals for my stiffer, non-insulated mountain boot. I wear a 12.5 in both of the boots I currently have. Do you guys see that the size for one model of Crispi boots is the same as the other? Wondering if I should order a pair of Briksdals in 12.5?

I would contact Crispi, but the size of boot should not matter, the flex rate should be the same no matter the size.

I have the Briksdal SF, and they fit exactly like my usual size.

They did require a longer break in than most other boots I’ve owned, especially the ankle support.

Currently my favorite boot. I would, and most likely will buy another pair.

I have two pairs of crispi boots and tried on about 4 others and have found all models to run true to size for me.

For me the Colorados were shorter/smaller than all the other Crispis i have or tried on. Plenty of width but too small lengthwise. whats challenging about all boots/shoes is you really need to wear them a while before you get that feel for them

I have 3 pair of Crispis.
Thor which I like for summer backpacking, a pair of Colorados which I wore every day
bird hunting in MT from Nov-Jan, then every day hiking since then. I liked them so much I bought a new pair
as a backup. My feet are narrow and long and they fit them well (size 14B).

I have 3 pair of Crispis.
Thor which I like for summer backpacking, a pair of Colorados which I wore every day
bird hunting in MT from Nov-Jan, then every day hiking since then. I liked them so much I bought a new pair
as a backup. My feet are narrow and long and they fit them well (size 14B).
Would you pick the Thors over the summits?

I currently have 3 pair of Crispis, The Wild Rock, the Wyoming, and the Idaho. I used to have a pair of the Hunter. All four fit the same.

edited to add: And I should have stated they fit true to size.

Last edited:
Would you pick the Thors over the summits?
Both are uninsulated and fairly light (Thor 1.25 lbs, Summit 1.5 lbs).
I have the original Thor and it has 2 flaw by design.
1) The gortex is not a full 8" gortex bootie, but gortex about 2 inches up inside the boot.
The problem with that design is crossing streams the boot becomes a water container
since the gortex will not allow drainage in the bottom 2 inches of the boot.
A better design would be no gortex, or a full 8 inch gortex bootie.

2) The cloth ankle eyelet will eventually fail. Bad design.
Crispi_Thor_Boots.jpg

For summer hiking in dry hot conditions, I really like the Thor.
I would not wear them in wet or cold conditions.
smoky_12milesummit.JPG

Both are uninsulated and fairly light (Thor 1.25 lbs, Summit 1.5 lbs).
I have the original Thor and it has 2 flaw by design.
1) The gortex is not a full 8" gortex bootie, but gortex about 2 inches up inside the boot.
The problem with that design is crossing streams the boot becomes a water container
since the gortex will not allow drainage in the bottom 2 inches of the boot.
A better design would be no gortex, or a full 8 inch gortex bootie.

2) The cloth ankle eyelet will eventually fail. Bad design.
View attachment 229876

For summer hiking in dry hot conditions, I really like the Thor.
I would not wear them in wet or cold conditions.
View attachment 229877
Thank you!

I wore a pair of crispi guides this year. I really liked how they felt and supported my ankles and were comfortable all day. However at the end of a long day of hiking when i took them off the bottoms of my feets felt almost bruised for some time after. The insoles seem to be kinda crappy which is odd for a $500 boot lol.

what insoles are you guys running in your crispis or other high end boots?

i just use the Dr Scholl's athletic/sport ones that are sold at every walmart or target. WAY better then the paper thin ones that come with the Crispis. I find it rather ironic also that the majority of the high end boots italian/german come with the thinnest/cheapest insoles. Doesnt make sense

For me the Colorados were shorter/smaller than all the other Crispis i have or tried on. Plenty of width but too small lengthwise. whats challenging about all boots/shoes is you really need to wear them a while before you get that feel for them
Ditto... the Colorados I just bought in 13 were more like 12s, maybe 12.5s.

I wore a pair of crispi guides this year. I really liked how they felt and supported my ankles and were comfortable all day. However at the end of a long day of hiking when i took them off the bottoms of my feets felt almost bruised for some time after. The insoles seem to be kinda crappy which is odd for a $500 boot lol.

what insoles are you guys running in your crispis or other high end boots?
For starters, I have to replace all insoles in my upper end hiking/hunting boots. The only ones I have found suitable from the factory are Meindls.
I tried the Timberland Pros in a pair of Zamberlan 981s this past year and they worked well.
I have Superfeet green and Sole in others but they are a bit hard for me and I end up putting a cheap pad on top of them, which does sacrifice volume.
Have read good things about Sheepfeet and Superfeet Trailblazers.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back