Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Crispi Boots - Size and Fitting

samuel_284Win

All,
I have the Crispi Laponnias and Light Hikers, both of which I think are good boots and have their specific uses for me. I am looking at the Briksdals for my stiffer, non-insulated mountain boot. I wear a 12.5 in both of the boots I currently have. Do you guys see that the size for one model of Crispi boots is the same as the other? Wondering if I should order a pair of Briksdals in 12.5?

I would contact Crispi, but the size of boot should not matter, the flex rate should be the same no matter the size.

I have the Briksdal SF, and they fit exactly like my usual size.

They did require a longer break in than most other boots I’ve owned, especially the ankle support.

Currently my favorite boot. I would, and most likely will buy another pair.

I have two pairs of crispi boots and tried on about 4 others and have found all models to run true to size for me.

For me the Colorados were shorter/smaller than all the other Crispis i have or tried on. Plenty of width but too small lengthwise. whats challenging about all boots/shoes is you really need to wear them a while before you get that feel for them

I have 3 pair of Crispis.
Thor which I like for summer backpacking, a pair of Colorados which I wore every day
bird hunting in MT from Nov-Jan, then every day hiking since then. I liked them so much I bought a new pair
as a backup. My feet are narrow and long and they fit them well (size 14B).

I have 3 pair of Crispis.
Thor which I like for summer backpacking, a pair of Colorados which I wore every day
bird hunting in MT from Nov-Jan, then every day hiking since then. I liked them so much I bought a new pair
as a backup. My feet are narrow and long and they fit them well (size 14B).
Would you pick the Thors over the summits?

I currently have 3 pair of Crispis, The Wild Rock, the Wyoming, and the Idaho. I used to have a pair of the Hunter. All four fit the same.

edited to add: And I should have stated they fit true to size.

Last edited:
Would you pick the Thors over the summits?
Both are uninsulated and fairly light (Thor 1.25 lbs, Summit 1.5 lbs).
I have the original Thor and it has 2 flaw by design.
1) The gortex is not a full 8" gortex bootie, but gortex about 2 inches up inside the boot.
The problem with that design is crossing streams the boot becomes a water container
since the gortex will not allow drainage in the bottom 2 inches of the boot.
A better design would be no gortex, or a full 8 inch gortex bootie.

2) The cloth ankle eyelet will eventually fail. Bad design.
Crispi_Thor_Boots.jpg

For summer hiking in dry hot conditions, I really like the Thor.
I would not wear them in wet or cold conditions.
smoky_12milesummit.JPG

Both are uninsulated and fairly light (Thor 1.25 lbs, Summit 1.5 lbs).
I have the original Thor and it has 2 flaw by design.
1) The gortex is not a full 8" gortex bootie, but gortex about 2 inches up inside the boot.
The problem with that design is crossing streams the boot becomes a water container
since the gortex will not allow drainage in the bottom 2 inches of the boot.
A better design would be no gortex, or a full 8 inch gortex bootie.

2) The cloth ankle eyelet will eventually fail. Bad design.
View attachment 229876

For summer hiking in dry hot conditions, I really like the Thor.
I would not wear them in wet or cold conditions.
View attachment 229877
Thank you!

I wore a pair of crispi guides this year. I really liked how they felt and supported my ankles and were comfortable all day. However at the end of a long day of hiking when i took them off the bottoms of my feets felt almost bruised for some time after. The insoles seem to be kinda crappy which is odd for a $500 boot lol.

what insoles are you guys running in your crispis or other high end boots?

i just use the Dr Scholl's athletic/sport ones that are sold at every walmart or target. WAY better then the paper thin ones that come with the Crispis. I find it rather ironic also that the majority of the high end boots italian/german come with the thinnest/cheapest insoles. Doesnt make sense

For me the Colorados were shorter/smaller than all the other Crispis i have or tried on. Plenty of width but too small lengthwise. whats challenging about all boots/shoes is you really need to wear them a while before you get that feel for them
Ditto... the Colorados I just bought in 13 were more like 12s, maybe 12.5s.

I wore a pair of crispi guides this year. I really liked how they felt and supported my ankles and were comfortable all day. However at the end of a long day of hiking when i took them off the bottoms of my feets felt almost bruised for some time after. The insoles seem to be kinda crappy which is odd for a $500 boot lol.

what insoles are you guys running in your crispis or other high end boots?
For starters, I have to replace all insoles in my upper end hiking/hunting boots. The only ones I have found suitable from the factory are Meindls.
I tried the Timberland Pros in a pair of Zamberlan 981s this past year and they worked well.
I have Superfeet green and Sole in others but they are a bit hard for me and I end up putting a cheap pad on top of them, which does sacrifice volume.
Have read good things about Sheepfeet and Superfeet Trailblazers.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back