PEAX Equipment

Crappie in Canyon Lake?

Fat Bassturd

Me and Mtnman are gonna hit up Canyon on Monday. Any thoughts on crappies there? What's the bite like? Nighttime? General locations? What about other species at night? Smallies, yellows?

I dont know about crappie.. but for smallies and largemouth.. throw fat raps in crawdad color's.. its a must you use one with a rattle inside it... shadraps #7's work real well..... Jerkbaits..... westy's with yellow tails(get the western worms at wally world they are cheaper and work just as good)
always try a 3/8-1/2 oz black and chrome rattle trap.. also I have found that reeling in very slow is a must at this lake...

Then the last and the best way is 4" lizzards texas rigged with a 1/8-3/16 weight glass bead and a 2/0 owners hook...make sure you toss it right on shore....1 foot off shore and it wont work near as well...

I go out of the main lake.. up past beercan point and fish on the right side cliff walls

Delw

OMG I gave tips to an east sider? heck I forgot you were in chandler.... when you coming back to the west side for a real lesson in BASS fishing?
Delw

C'mon boy's lets get this tourny on the road and operational......

Now that you mention it, I am aww struck by they sheer volume of pics that are posted every day... ;)

Went fishing with FB last night, or should I say boat riding.
Not much happening. Fished from 6:30 pm - 11:30 PM and only 4 small fish.
catfish, crappie, bluegill, and yellow.
No sm or lm were seen.
Did not see this post until we got back.
Delw those were some good tips, I sure wish FB had shared them with me last night. See what happens when the curse of Mntman out weighs the common sense of good tips. You don't hear about them.
FB you should have told me of the posts when I ask where to go. You knew I was a rookie on Canyon lake.

Saw lots of large carp by the boat dock at the 2nd ramp area. Delw, bow fishing practice? what are the rules for night carp shooting?

Oh yeah I would love to shoot carp again with the bow's its alot of fun... Was there pleanty of light out there to do it? or do you need to bring light?

Delw

Back