1599060721792.png
1599060793062.png
1599060976783.png
1599061277751.png

Last edited:
Leftover Day - Reissue Day
1599061032826.png

-Cookies were not reset as long as customer were active during a 60 min period
-Licenses were not reserved when license was in your cart, this is going to be changed for 2021 ie, ticket master approach
@cedahm

Blecha- "Can we have a discussion about leftover license list designation, ie. can tags on the leftover list no long be A or B, can we make them all one type"
I thought that comment was very interesting, as they went through the primary and secondary draw already and still have leftovers. Would make sense that reissued licenses would still be A or B, but maybe make all leftovers B or something else.

Blecha- "Can we have a discussion about leftover license list designation, ie. can tags on the leftover list no long be A or B, can we make them all one type"
I had to pause the live feed, conference calls getting in the way. Was getting ready to do the exact same screen grabs, kinda scary how we think alike. lol.

I thought that comment was very interesting, as they went through the primary and secondary draw already and still have leftovers. Would make sense that reissued licenses would still be A or B, but maybe make all leftovers B or something else.

am i the only one that feels uneasy about that?

or am i misreading you guys?

i feel like we were all in agreement it was already too easy to get good tags and not spend points, too easy to get points back, and too easy to hunt bulls every year and build points

does such a proposition not exacerbate that to some degree?

but obviously tags left sitting on the leftover list is money not made for cpw...

I've said this a couple of times, but I would really like to do a "How the system works for a Hunter" workshop with the commission.

I disagree, the codes should remain the same. Do you really want someone killing 4 bulls a year? Even if they are leftover tags?

Success rates are 10% or something like that for elk, but there are folks that can consistently kill elk/deer.

The idea for the high quotas and increased leftover is to give ample opportunity for lots of folks to participate, with the idea that most people with come up empty handed. Units that need extra harvest to meet objectives already have tags on the B and C list.

@TOGIE exactly! Do you really want a computer jocky like me having a DM43E1R tag a 52 2R tag, a 35 3R tag and then a 75 4R tag every single year?

I have argued before that the first come first server reissue system is fair, this rule change would make it decidedly unfair.

Last edited:
Agreed, making leftovers an unlimited quantity C license, would be too much, so I didn't mention that. But if all leftovers were B licenses, someone would still be limited to 2 licenses per species, plus C licenses. Another option would be to allow everyone 1 leftover in addition to the current A/B/C licenses.

Also agreed some can consistently kill elk/deer, but most are not in that bucket, so harvest rates may not change materially.

Why would she even suggest this?
If it is due to all the deer A tags on the east side still on the list, CPW should work to increase access in those units. We don’t need to let people shoot multiple bucks/year when demand exceeds supply. Our commissioners are extremely frustrating at times.

Why would she even suggest this?
If it is due to all the deer A tags on the east side still on the list, CPW should work to increase access in those units. We don’t need to let people shoot multiple bucks/year when demand exceeds supply. Our commissioners are extremely frustrating at times.

I would imagine she feels that we should try to sell out the quota. I would argue that those units with leftover quote consistently should simply have their quota reduced if we are worried about it.

It would be interesting to have her unpack that one more.

2Hr20- Comissioner Adams, asks for conditional online hunter ed, she would like to require folks to comeback in for live training after covid -concerns about gun safety.

It's kinda going off the rails... I'm not sure how we got to the KKK

Motion carried, online Hunter ED allowed, 6 to 5

Last edited:
3Hrs - Discussing of Leftover Re-Issue day.

Guidance from the commission was to have a specific time and day when licenses are released online, with possibly a preview list. They directed staff to report back on their preference for time and day.

Last edited:
3HR13, License Price Increases

Tutchton, Bears shouldn't be discounted 🤦‍♂️

Commision will provide explanation of why license are discounted.

View attachment 152712
Wow that is the worst comparison chart I have ever seen to compare apples to apples of big game tags...its also kinda ridiculous to not have the new approved Idaho prices in there if you want to compare what CO should look like next year.

2Hr20- Comissioner Adams, asks for conditional online hunter ed, she would like to require folks to comeback in for live training after covid -concerns about gun safety.

It's kinda going off the rails... I'm not sure how we got to the KKK

Motion carried, online Hunter ED allowed, 6 to 5
I just got to the point where they voted. Interesting split on the commission. I'm with you, off the rails. What is the data base she's using for this request.

I just got to the point where they voted. Interesting split on the commission. I'm with you, off the rails. What is the data base she's using for this request.

It's interesting because we've had this discussion on the forum and lots of folks prefer in person Hunter Ed for a lot of reasons. I think its a valid thing to bring up that said I don't follow her comments at all.

Firearms are not regulated by CPW nor is that agencies tasked with state firearm safety. Tangentially related, in MA you have to have a license to own a firearm, in person IHEA course don't count, you have to have have a MA administered firearm course.

Which I think goes to the point she is totally barking up in wrong tree, though I agree the in-person course is valuable especially the firearm handling parts.

It's interesting because we've had this discussion on the forum and lots of folks prefer in person Hunter Ed for a lot of reasons. I think its a valid thing to bring up that said I don't follow her comments at all.

Firearms are not regulated by CPW nor is that agencies tasked with state firearm safety. Tangentially related, in MA you have to have a license to own a firearm, in person IHEA course don't count, you have to have have a MA administered firearm course.

Which I think goes to the point she is totally barking up in wrong tree, though I agree the in-person course is valuable especially the firearm handling parts.
My only experience with HS in CO is with youth. 2 of my kids have gone through the program. I certainly see the need for in person for minors. Hearing safety from someone other than a parent can help add perspective.

.02, she did not look happy with the way the vote went. Just based on facial expression. I get the feeling she felt like she wasn't taken in the manner with which she thought she/her would be taken.

4HR58 - Mt Lion Management Plan
1599073301848.png

5Hr 20: Discussion of electronic calls being fair chase.

Tutchton tried to get electronic calls removed from the plan with regard to management of Glenwood Springs.

Original CPW plan passed with Tutchton being the lone dissenting vote.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back