Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

CPW Commission Meeting 1/17/23

I wish they'd just go ahead and make all NR elk tags limited for archery (and rifle for that matter). This closing one region at a time stuff is just pushing everyone into the same corner making the crowding even worse.

I wish they'd just go ahead and make all NR elk tags limited for archery (and rifle for that matter). This closing one region at a time stuff is just pushing everyone into the same corner making the crowding even worse.
Not to mention that this region they closed will likely have 2000 tags like 80/81.

What did the accomplish there? Probably 20 less hunters.

bUt WaIt ThErE’s OnLy 1500 SuRvEyS fRoM tHoSe UnItS!

Is the plan to eventually limit NR tags? Take a 5yr average of tags sold and cut it by 20-40%? Seems like this is the start of solving a problem but ultimately nothing is accomplished without limiting NR tags.

I am pretty excited to see what CO elk hunting looks like in 10yrs! Has the potential to be amazing in all tag tiers! Just by limiting tags a bit.

Grand Mesa gave me a great couple hunts 20 years ago. Tons of elk, few people, bugle-fest.

Last couple were terrible and depressing. UTV mania, tons of people, no elk.

Not to mention that this region they closed will likely have 2000 tags like 80/81.

What did the accomplish there? Probably 20 less hunters.

bUt WaIt ThErE’s OnLy 1500 SuRvEyS fRoM tHoSe UnItS!
To play devils advocate around 2/3 of the NR archery tags went 1st choice this year. So at least most who hunted those units didn't do so while gaining a point like when it was OTC.

Sadly, here are the clowns running the asylum……

y

As a hunter, I wouldn’t be super confident in the future of hunting in Colorado based on the makeup of that commission.

As a hunter, I wouldn’t be super confident in the future of hunting in Colorado based on the makeup of that commission.
Amen to that. My blood pressure goes through the roof everytime I watch a commission meeting and hear the stupid questions and comments this group has. And they are the ones making the final decisions on how wildlife is managed in this state. I'd love to see changes made as to how commission appointees are selected.

Amen to that. My blood pressure goes through the roof everytime I watch a commission meeting and hear the stupid questions and comments this group has. And they are the ones making the final decisions on how wildlife is managed in this state. I'd love to see changes made as to how commission appointees are selected.
Me too. As you might guess from some of the bios, most of these commissioners have been selected by Governor Polis’s husband who is a hardline and open anti-hunter. Then later appointed by the Governor. Every meeting seems like we go back to Colorado hunting regulations and procedures 101.

Back