Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

CPW Commission Meeting 1/17/23

I couldn't watch the whole thing, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but the main takeaway was that Grand Mesa archery units will be limited this year, and seems like the writing is on the wall for all archery moving to limited in 2024.

I couldn't watch the whole thing, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but the main takeaway was that Grand Mesa archery units will be limited this year, and seems like the writing is on the wall for all archery moving to limited in 2024.
That's my takeaway. There will at least be serious discussion about limiting archery elk statewide between now and this time next year.

If that means making people burn their points for an otc tag them I am in 100% support of that move as a nonresident.

Unfortunately, it will likely just make a circus on leftover day…

Good info on sheep and goat as well.

I hope they consider options vs blanket archery limited licenses. The NR to R ration is severely lopsided and we know where the problem rests.

Good info on sheep and goat as well.

I hope they consider options vs blanket archery limited licenses. The NR to R ration is severely lopsided and we know where the problem rests.
I missed the sheep and goat discussions, anything notable?

I've hunted the Grand Mesa (mostly below Indian Point) since 2009 and it has changed drastically since then. It's also a place were Randy promoted endlessly (while be sponsored by the DOW) and had a big piece in Bugle Magazine written on, so I'm sure there is a cause and effect there. As a non resident I'm 100% okay with limiting tags and choosing quality of hunts over quantity of hunts....as long as the loss of finances from these tags doesn't then get dumped on the backs of NR's.

Lot of residents speaking up about overcrowding this year….
At the roundtable meeting last week in CO Springs the same was mentioned....now if they could only find another bandaid to say they are going to fix it...side note they finally Mentioned the status of Dan Preslow being retired now and new search for his position

At the roundtable meeting last week in CO Springs the same was mentioned....now if they could only find another bandaid to say they are going to fix it...side note they finally Mentioned the status of Dan Preslow being retired now and new search for his position
Thanks for attending. If you haven't seen this, please take the survey:

Thanks for attending. If you haven't seen this, please take the survey:
There’s some meme-ers in there but some good points raised. The non res OTC madness needs to stop.

I hunted an OTC unit two years ago. Hunted it for a very long time. Every year it got worse. So bad to the point that every logging road I ran across had 2-3 trucks in it. I remember being in a makeshift blind on a logging road and had 5 hunters pass me and my dad in 2 hours. Dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. I go back to my truck and 2 other vehicles were there.

There’s some meme-ers in there but some good points raised. The non res OTC madness needs to stop.

I hunted an OTC unit two years ago. Hunted it for a very long time. Every year it got worse. So bad to the point that every logging road I ran across had 2-3 trucks in it. I remember being in a makeshift blind on a logging road and had 5 hunters pass me and my dad in 2 hours. Dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. I go back to my truck and 2 other vehicles were there.
That's not even in the survey....so clearly they are "listening"

Oooh better punish those evil archery hunters. They are the problem and the only fix is to limit them.

There should not be a single limitation placed on Resident archery hunters until they have at the very least went all draw for NR.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back