Cow moose

Ouch. On 2nd thought maybe I'll just continue reading posts about others going cow moose hunting...
Or tag along on a hunt and help out if the opportunity knocks.

If someone wants to hunt moose and you start looking at options, the tag + app fees for a CO cow moose do not look too bad.

I see this as my viable moose options:
ID bull - hopefully draw a tag in the next few years with resident odds and DIY hunt.
CO cow - draw in the next 5 years maybe? 2,600+ for tags fees but plan to DIY the hunt
ID cow - probably very few ID cow tags left by the time I am eligible again and I'll probably apply for sheep and goat first.
AK Moose - DIY fly in hunt might close to $10k all in?
BC Moose - No idea if prices are current but 2x1 guided hunts start at $6k based on some searches, but $8-10k looks more common. And would probably be higher by the time I could go.

If all goes well I might be able to do the AK or BC moose hunt in <10 years. But if not, I should have already have gone on a couple DIY moose hunts between ID and CO.

So just to be clear, it cost $2300.51 for the cow moose tag? Does that include a fishing license? If so, that’s CRAZY!!

If we're looking outside the US, lets not forget that Newfoundland is an option. My wife's trip was $4300 for a 6-day guided either sex moose hunt. Seems awful reasonable compared to some of the other options.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back