PEAX Equipment

County roads passing through private lands?

That’s not what I said, I said road is 100% that it’s public. You confirmed with the county, the Blm or forest service, game warden who ever else and they all say you can drive down it. You even did one better and got emails back and forth confirming this. You get out there and the road goes through flying AH ranch and there is a gate with a lock you cut the lock go through the gate and close the gate behind you. What would happen?
I suppose that depends on how good a shot the ranch hands on the Flying AH are. ;)

Working for the Forest Service I delt with a lot of easement issues. I can tell you that there are a lot of dubious easements and 70 year old handshake agreements, that make both sides feel that they are 100% right when saying they Controle the rights to a particular section of road. It takes a lot of time and a lot of lawyers to get that stuff figured out. Sometimes shots are fired.

So is the motor vehicle restriction keeping people from driving on it or is it considered a private road? Close to me there's a road on FS land that leads to a parcel of private property. About a mile up the road the FS has a gate up restricting motorized access but you can walk on it all day long.
See post #30: Post in thread 'County roads passing through private lands?' https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/county-roads-passing-through-private-lands.313443/post-3406600

If there wasn't a way to keep the public off, the State would have given me an exclusive easement so that I could keep the public from driving on it. As it is, it is a non-exclusive easement that only I and my invitees may drive on. People walk on it all the time.

Reactions: JDH
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back