Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Cougar question??

45/70

My daughter want's to know how a cougar would react to "catnip"? I couldn't answer her question, so I'm asking the experts. Has anyone ever heard of a cougar encountering catnip? Would it be illegal to plant large quantitys of catnip in your area and get the cats to frequent the spot? It's a natural, native plant...It grows well just about anywhere...

Thanks,

Devin & Vanessa McFall

LOL, thats a wild question, catnip grows in the wild, I don'nt know how they process it to sell it in the stores if it makes a difference or not. Maybe its a study to you need to take on.....lol

I don't have any first-hand experience with a cougar's reaction to catnip but I wouldn't be surprised if they'd be interested. Seems like they did a bobcat/lynx study where they put out catnip on brushes so that the cats would come in and rub on the brushes. Then the biologists would collect the hairs for DNA analysis to collect population info on lynx. I could be wrong but I think it was catnip they used.

We have raised several cougar, and I was always watching their reaction to differant trapping lures. Oil of catnip, was always attractive to them. The reaction was a lot of slobbering and face rubbing on the lured area. Many old time lion trappers used oil of catnip in some of their lion dope. Lion scat and urine is better tho! KW

Back