Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Coues...

sneakem

Just thought I would share a couple photo's from AZ. Killed a decent coues buck with the gun, stuck around for the archery hunt. Chased a big one with the bow but he lives until next year. Stuck a chorizo pigs and shared a couple days in the field with some good friends.

Interesting observation about the changes in the bow hunt. Seems as though a good majority of hunters focus on mule deer. An observable swell of hunters as mule deer units closed, not so much on the coues end. Seems as though the coues harvest was low in most units with the exception of a couple. If there is an impact on the coues population it's definitely not from OTC bowhunters, maybe it's the thousands of rifle tags they issue...

Anyways, the goods...IMG_2430.jpgIMG_2712 (1).jpgIMG_2574.jpg

Congratulations on your Coues, it looks a good one. Did you make chorizo or did you leave the buzzards a treat?

Pretty cool. I haven't had homemade chorizo in over 30 years.
I was hunting javelina in Texas at the end of January, and they stunk really bad. Was it their mating season or something else going on?

To be fair... The coati was smoked, so I really didn't get the real palate of the meat. I think it's similar to bear/raccoon meat, as I've had both of those smoked and it was comparable.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back