Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Cot Suggestions for Tepee Tent

Ought Six

Anybody have a cot or cots they like to use in a Cimmaron/Redcliffe type tepee tent? Would be used entirely for truck camping, so weight is not an issue, but smaller storage size and ease of assembly would be nice.

Borrowed one from a family member and it was way too big, Cabelas XL or something, and I think it sat too high up off the ground to maximize the space of a smaller tepee, especially for running a stove.

Thanks

Anybody have a cot or cots they like to use in a Cimmaron/Redcliffe type tepee tent? Would be used entirely for truck camping, so weight is not an issue, but smaller storage size and ease of assembly would be nice.

Borrowed one from a family member and it was way too big, Cabelas XL or something, and I think it sat too high up off the ground to maximize the space of a smaller tepee, especially for running a stove.

Thanks
I have a Seek Redclif and use a Helinox Cot One.

I have a Seek Redclif and use a Helinox Cot One.
I have one of those cots that I use in the bed of my truck on top of my decked system. Probably one of the only cots that would work in the teepee. The walls just taper to quickly for any regular height cot

I have one of those cots that I use in the bed of my truck on top of my decked system. Probably one of the only cots that would work in the teepee. The walls just taper to quickly for any regular height cot
It’s also super light for backpacking and i would rather sleep on it than the ground. Too many pads have popped to deal with any more.

It’s also super light for backpacking and i would rather sleep on it than the ground. Too many pads have popped to deal with any more.
I think it has potential but I need to break it in more. I only have 3 nights on it so far so it’s still pretty stiff. At this point I’d still lean towards pad in the backcountry because I’m a side sleeper and it’s a tad narrow for how I like to sleep. I like to throw my extra large foam pad on it in the back of the truck and it’s pretty sweet.

Wife bought this and I "borrow" it when I'm out in the sticks.

1717904449751.png

"The entire structure rests on a dozen nylon rings that act as both feet for the cot and connectors for the frame. The cot weighs in at 2 pounds — crazy light for a cot, but more mid-weight when compared with sleeping pads."

I use a standard mil cot in my cimarron, no issues. Have actually used 2 in there. That's tight but fits. ETA, did not run a stove.

The Helinox are really the only way to go. They will support the weight of a bigger person. A lot of the other ones break pretty easily my buddy had a different brand and it did not hold up well and he comes in at like 160#

Heliox. I put a pad on mine. I will not be caught without those two things in my pack when I’m backpack camping.

The Helinox are really the only way to go. They will support the weight of a bigger person. A lot of the other ones break pretty easily my buddy had a different brand and it did not hold up well and he comes in at like 160#
Good to know, I figured all the cheap knock offs were just that

Good to know, I figured all the cheap knock offs were just that
He had the therma test one I couldn’t remember the name of it for the life of me im 6’ and run in the 230# range it works well for me when I need it

I use a klymit luxe pad and a lightweight cot. Can’t recall the brand. Works pretty well for the tipi.

Back