Caribou Gear Tarp

Corned Elk/Pastrami

If you are having corned venison for st party’s day today is the day to start it! About 5-7 days in the brine is perfect IMO.

I’m starting an elk roast in the brine tonight!

If you are having corned venison for st party’s day today is the day to start it! About 5-7 days in the brine is perfect IMO.

I’m starting an elk roast in the brine tonight!
First attempt this year, just finished getting it in the brine. Going to do half corned for Patty's day and smoke the other half as pastrami with the flat, rubbing and smoking the point on Saturday, first try for all of it.

I just recently did 5 chunks of moose brisket using Hank Shaw's recipe. Ate the first one two days ago and froze the rest. They turned out nearly as good as beef.

Wow
That’s about all I can say
Good looking creations
Now I’ll have to give it a whirl when I get home

Wow, these all look great, I need to make some elk pastrami. Wonder how long it can keep in fridge? Or if you can vacuum seal and freeze without losing too much quality (texture/flavor)? Great post OP.

Wow, these all look great, I need to make some elk pastrami. Wonder how long it can keep in fridge? Or if you can vacuum seal and freeze without losing too much quality (texture/flavor)? Great post OP.
It’s cured and smoked so it will keep a while. I find I eat it before there is any worry of it going bad. I would think it would freeze just fine.

Like Gellar said, I doubt it hangs around long enough to have to worry about spoilage. Freezing it might dry it out a little bit, but I doubt it will mess with quality very much.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back