Caribou Gear

Congratulations Greenhorn

cornfed

I didn't think my Vizla could handle the bitter cold this morning pheasant hunting so I flipped on the T.V. and what do I see, our very own,Kurt.Great job on the filming and it was put together nicely.Awesome bull once again.And yes you seem to be a natural infront of the camera.Missed the first part so hope to catch that at a later date.

Thanks. It's funny.. the narrator REALLY over-elaborates and it makes me laugh... those aren't my words. Couple of my pals like the quote the guy and it's pretty damn funny. The footage is really good and I do like that program though. The moose net scored 160 and something and made the all-time B&C record book. Here's a picture of the bull..
IMG_1328.jpg

Will mention that the bull was taken in a unit that has been destroyed fpr trophy bull opportunities. There's been WAY too many tags given out in the last 3 years. In years past, it had 2 bull permits, then about 10 years back, went to 5 permits. In 2006 it went to 10 bulls and 10 cows. In 2007 15 bulls and 15 cows. This year again, 15 and 15. I know a guy that had the permit this year, he hunted 21 days and shot the best one he could find, 38 inches wide. The unit is open and easy to hunt, and the older bulls have been slammed.

Bummer..

I was gonna watch it, but then Eastmans was on at the same time and well......................

I don't have a great camera, but this is how I got that photo..

IMG_1246.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

Notice the other Booner laying to his left.
IMG_1236.jpg

Friends, with the bull above on the left - a week later.
07RichMattBull.jpg

Greeny, As I watched the program you stated when you killed this bull you would have to take it over a 1000' ridge. Then it shows you walking to the truck for food, did you get over that ridge and then kill the Bull? Not that I could carry that much across my office! Great Bull, John

It was a beautiful thing. That bull moved 3 miles overnight to where I could legally park my truck 250 yards from the animal.

I did not see it. WTF?? why didn't you tell me it was going to be on?

for those of us unaware, what TV show are you all talking about? GH, was that taken around you? or in alaska? or canada? and one last question, do you ever shoot small critters? doesn't look like it.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to check out the show one of these days. Congrats again.

How long 'til you get that mount?

I saw the show and was surprised to see Greenhorn on TV. My god what a great bull though. I helped my buddy get a cow moose in colorado this year. What a fun hunt.

Congrats Kirk

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back