Yeti GOBOX Collection

Congrats Warren ! (moose pics)

Moosie

Grand poopa
My good hunting buddy called my up mid day Sunday and said he got his once in a lifetime Idaho Moose. It messured 42 1/2". I dropped what I had to do (Just like he would of) and picked up another hunting buddy Jason K. And headed to easteren Idaho.

Here are a few Pics of Warren and his Moose :

2_G.sized.jpg

4_G.sized.jpg

3_G.sized.jpg

From Left to Right looking at the Pic is Jason, Warren and then me.

Big Moosie Congrats to Warren. He's registered but doesn't have a puter at home, But I'll send his the link for the Kudos
elkgrin.gif

Nice moose! But I don't see Moosie or Jason ?

Blah blah blah

"The buck stops here" Truman

"A horse is a horse is a horse, of course." Mr. Ed

"I am NOT A WHITE WOMAN!" Michael Jackson

It's not how long my signature is - it's how lofty and intellectual I can make myself appear.

T-one, Truth Be told, It's actually Kotters 4-wheeler. We got up there and it was 2.6 miles back in on a awsome... (By Awsome I mean Chitty
wink.gif
) trail. Then we had to bail off one side (not to far though down to the Moose to a creek bottom. Warren Mustered enough Energy to Quarter that sucker up all by himself after several Hard days of hunting. You know how he is when He want's something, Covers Ton's-o Ground !! He had the Cape and Rack out. When we got there There was jsut the meat left in nice bags.

Kotter and Warren took each a quarter and I chunked the other 2 quarters on my back. I would like to say I'm the Man for doing so But I was a Few feet short of the rig when I fell to the ground out of weakness. 2 quarters is too much this early in the season to be hikeing it uphill for that length.
tongue.gif
I'm not as tough as I thought yet
frown.gif
Dang moose anyways
wink.gif

We had to take 2 trips out on the 4-wheeler. There was times were I was Hanging all the way off one side for the weight and Warren Pulling up hill on the Same side and Kotter working the throttle and the Uphill tires still leaving the ground. It was ALot of work when we did that but it sure saved some Time when We could just ride !!!

Call us the Fat A$$ed ATV riders but it was a legal trail and since we had it we used it !!!

Warren is ONE tiered Hombre' and one busy guy cutting up all that meat. He has like 5 coolers full of it. Them suckers are Huge !!

He said he peaked in real quick from work today and Thanx for the Congrats and Kudos !!! Hopefully we'll have more pictures together this year again !!

Mighty shiras are you only allowed one in your lifetime? well its a good bugga
smile.gif
How much meat do you get outa one of those as muck as a large elk or more?

Thats a great moose, lots of character... Congrats to Warren. Thanks for posting the pictures and telling the story. My hunting buddy had a moose tag for MT a couple years ago, we spent a lot of time looking for a monster that he had seen the previous two years in a row. I think we spent about 8-9 weekends looking, we saw a lot of bulls just not the monster we were after.

Moose hunting sure is fun. I guess what makes it fun is that its diffrent from the same old "elk and deer".

I don't condone using a 4-wheeler, I'd of done the same thing. Those moose are huge, I would hate to have to pack one two far on my back...

Just out of curiosity what part of ID was he taken in. I have grew up in Ennis MT and spent a fair amount of time around Island Pard/Ashton area, there are a lot of moose around there... My buddies tag was for the MT side just north of Island park. I'm hoping to draw in a couple years, but who knows, I got three prefrence points maybe they'll help me out...

Ivan

BAMBI said :

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Island Pard/Ashton area, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm guessing Island Park and not Pard ?
wink.gif
(who am I to make fun of hitting the wrong keys though eh
smile.gif

We were actually Over at Palisades jsut across the boarder from Ashtom Wyoming on the Idaho side...

If Anyone ever wants Info on that Unit they can Ask Away. There is even NON-res tag's available... Just an "FYI"
tongue.gif

YAH,I'm a huge PUSS !! We weighed my pack at just under 300#'s. Ever try to get anything over 100#'s on yer back Ithica besides the 400# chicks ya date
wink.gif
I can't pack "2" MOOSE quarters like in the good old days... But I'm working on that for the elk season.
eek.gif

Yes, you are right by saying thats an AWSOME moose. I've seen MANY a lesser bull pulled out of that area. Mine being one of them.
shhh.gif

Yup,
biggrin.gif
I've tried to get over 100 lbs. on my back when I was young and foolish! Never tried 300#s, though, 'cuz I was never that crazy.
biggrin.gif
About 150#s was my limit. I've dropped down on my knees from exhaustion, too, when I was packing loads thru 2 ft. of snow. That's another reason why I don't elk hunt anymore.
biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> when I was packing loads thru 2 ft. of snow. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You left out : "UPHILL EACH WAY"
elkgrin.gif

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back