Columbia River Sturgeon

BRD DAWG

Me and a couple buddies took our wives to the Columbia River sturgeon fishing on Saturday. Had a great time and caught a ton of fish. Came home with six keeper for the freezer :cool:

Didn't get any oversize but lots of smaller ones.

The biggest - 51"
286170.jpg

2nd biggest - 50"
286162.jpg

My wife's:
286173.jpg

If anyone want's a good sturgeon trip, this guy know's how to catch them:

Green Jewel Guide Service

They were all fishing for sturgeon. It was the only thing open since they shut down the salmon and shad seasons.

Sturgeon

:eek: NICE!!
We spent the weekend snagging for Paddle fish but when our arms got tired we would fish for sturgeon too. We got some nicer ons nothing like yours but some were in the 40" class. Ours are Palled and shovel nose not the white ones. We were fishing the Missouri in Eastern Montana. We bid get a smallish Paddle fish (89 lbs) and a nice cat (19-lbs) We can't keep any "OVER" 40" and the palled's are endangered so the have to go back unhurt, we turn them all back including the Paddle fish. Had a great time doing it !!! :eek: PS NICE PICS!!!!!!!!!!

BDawg- Is he based out of Portland proper? ( if not, how far away?).
I've got a meeting up there this Fall and that looks like a hoot (plus his prices are very reasonable). Haven't fished for those dinosaurs in YEARS!!

Great pics- thanks!

MarvB, I think he lives about 45 minutes from Portland but where we were fishing was only about 25 miles upstream from Portland. Give him a call, you won't be dissappointed. I'm already trying to figure out when I can go again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back