Colorado

Moosie,
What season are you hunting? Are you going with Deerking? Congrats to you. I'll have to buy you a beer while your down.

Dang... MT and CO for deer and elk... now I just got to keep my fingers crossed for one of the big three in MT...

Drew a cow tag and my second choice deer... Those underscribed areas sure suck... ;)
Here are some of the little ones running around in the area...

055332.jpg
[/url]

or how bout this dink...

055334.jpg
[/url]

or this one?

055336.jpg
[/url]

Where you hunting Moosie? I'll be over by Gunnison for elk and over on the front range for deer..

:D Just found out my luck held out for Deer, but my boy only was drawn for Cow Elk. My two Hunting buddies got what the Owl left on the pump handle! :( If i can boost their spirits into maybe checking out the leftover license maybe we can put this train back on track, but right now it looks like a bad train wreck! But, to everyone who was drawn..... Get er done!

Ah yes, they are out now.

Deer: "Unsuccessful - points after draw: 3"
Elk: "Unsuccessful - points after draw: 15"

Oak

Bluehair, I'll probably end up in 201 or one of the RFW ranches in the south-central part of the state. I haven't been in the position to dedicate much time to a hunt in the last couple of years, and won't for a couple more. So for now, it's just pp's. I'll have at least 16 before I put in for the money tag. Sad thing about your 12 points, you still might not get a chance to hunt one of those areas I mentioned. What are you holding out for? PM if you want.

Oak

Jeez. 12 points! 16 points! I thought I was moving right along because I have collected 7 points for elk. I guess not. Maybe I'll never get a chance to hunt those NW units.

KC

KC, you absolutely won't, unless the system changes. I did a little figuring last year with the draw stats on the DOW website. I can't remember exactly, but I think I figured that someone with 8 points (or was it 10?)would have to wait a minimum of 26 more years to draw 201. It's not exact, because folks change units and those like me that are only putting in for points don't show up in the stats.
I know three other guys that have at least 14 points.

Oak

I'm a little fuzzy on my recollection of the numbers, but one of the stats shows how many people have how many points. Another way to look at it is to subtract the "quality" tags from the high point folks, and you can kind of get a feel for how many folks will have more points than you.

Of course guys like Oak (and me) screw that up when we don't draw even when we could, HeHeHe. Just a ML cow tag for me again this year.....and another point...

Oak,
Man if I were you I'd stick with 2 or 201. I wouldn't use my points for an RFW hunt. Those ranches have too many damn rules, no preseason scouting, Must check in before hunt each day with check in times after daybreak..stuff like that. I'm sure you know more that I do about those ranches and I know they take some big ones off of them but man I'd sure like to scout like a maniac if drew one of those tags. Good luck to you

Way to go Moosie, and yet the draw Gods look down favorably apon you once again...Congrats... :D

Congrats on the draw, Moosie...

I drew a muzzy elk tag in unit 76...

I'm currently checking out accomodations near Creede..

Anybody know of any cabins that might be available in that area..??.Due To unforseen circumstances ( mainly the fact that I drew a MOOSE tag in NB and need to fly home immediately after the muzzy season to go moose hunting) we are NOT driving...Rather than hauling a bunch of camping gear out via airlines or shipping it, we'd like to find a cabin/motel to stay in...

Boman, I'm hunting the 2nd wek in Sept(ish) and am NOT going with Deerking. He is a great contact for sure, but he has other hunting obligations (And wouldn't even accept a bribe
)

As far as a beer. I'm looking at hunting 9 days straight for Sheep, the day I get BAck I leave to Colorado for deer and go straight to the mountains for 7 days if nessisary, then I'm back for 3 days then 10-12 more straight days in the Hills for Sheep....I would love to Hook up and Visit but hunting timing /obligations might make it tough. We'll know as the days go on and the Critters hit the floor. :D

Thanx R.R. Nothing like scheduling stuff and Hoping for the best !!!

Bambi, I'm not sure were I'm hunting... Matter of fact, I'm not sure if I'll ever know were I'm hunting ;)

Oak, Bluehair and KC Does that mean you haven't hunted "GOOD" elk in that many years ?!?! HOLEY Crap, I couldn't go 1 yesar without hunting elk !! I'm guessing the Cow's are being put a Hurt to though eh ?

ELkChsr, Thanx .... I'll take what I can Get.. But I play the Odds, It just looks like I'm klucky, It's all a FAs... PHA...FESAD.. Phasod.. Of whatever the Hell that word is :D

ELKHUNTER.. "JUST SAW THIS ?!?!" thats because you stay in the Adult sectino too much ;) (And many thank you for it
spankmon.gif

Moosie, Oak, bluehair:

It's not like I'm going to forego hunting elk. I drew a cow tag and a buck tag and will buy a bull tag over the counter. I'm hunting in an arrea where it's common to find nice representative animals but rare to find B&C bulls. Two years ago, I got that "loco weed" elk. Last year I saw a real nice big 6x6 but couldn't get a shot because of wind conditions and terrain. Maybe he's still there? I had to settle for a small 6x6 which eats pretty good.

I'm still waiting to see if I drew a doe antelope tag. My first choice was for a preference point and my second point was for a doe tag in an undersubscribed unit.

KC

I see..... I thought you guys Forgo any units with much of a Chance for a Bull if you don't use a Pref point. Someday I'll Figure CO out... Till then, I'll hunt mostly Idaho

We can get bull tags over the counter for most units (87% of them, or something like that).

Don't bother figuring out CO, the elk hunting is better closer to home.

Oak

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back