PEAX Equipment

Colorado Unit 681 3rd Season Rifle

jaym0000

Hey all!
I am going up to Unit 681 again for 3rd season rifle. I have never done this late of a season before. Usually 2nd season and with seasons being so late this year, I am not sure what to expect.
Does anyone have experience in 681 that can shoot me a PM or any advice on here. I have my normal spots to go and check and always find elk, but worried they will be down in the lower elevations by this time. Any thing appreciated!

Thanks!

Thanks! Glad to finally be on here. Read so much on here just took me long enough to create a damn profile haha some super good advice on topics here!

If you've seen deer in 2nd, they'll be in the same places in 3rd. Good unit if there's snow or cold to keep them moving around. Glass glass glass. When other people drive right by the deer you're glassing in the thick stuff, keep an eye on them.

If you've seen deer in 2nd, they'll be in the same places in 3rd. Good unit if there's snow or cold to keep them moving around. Glass glass glass. When other people drive right by the deer you're glassing in the thick stuff, keep an eye on them.
Elk sub forum?

Thank you for the info! This honestly will help me a ton. I see deer all over 2nd season so I know where many of them hangout at.

I was looking at those from last year also. And then make no sense to me. Second season had decent success or average for that unit and then 3rd went down dramatically. Years prior though it was not like that. Wondering if maybe a big storm came through or if really wrong numbers were sent in.
My thoughts were if I’ve found them in second every year…then third should much the same.

I was in there for a few days during archery season this year and neither the elk nor the sign of elk was there, in that part of the unit, that was there three years ago.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back