Caribou Gear

Colorado unit 49 second season mule deer

Daniel T.

Hello! This is my first time posting on this forum. I came here because I’ve drawn a unit 49 (or 57,58, or 581) mule deer tag for Colorado’s second rifle season. I was wondering if anyone had any information that could be helpful. Places to start E-scouting, trail heads to check out, elevation ranges to be focused on during that time of year, tips for avoiding crowds, road conditions/closures, etc. I’m relatively new to mountain hunting in general having only done it twice (unit 77 archery elk and unit 77 first rifle elk). I have never hunted mule deer so anything you have to offer would be greatly appreciated. I’m not particularly concerned with trophy potential and would be more than happy with the chance at any decent buck. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hunted 581 during archery season last year hunting after school in areas of forrest near Lake George. Saw some huge bucks on private a two decent ones on public.

Hello! This is my first time posting on this forum. I came here because I’ve drawn a unit 49 (or 57,58, or 581) mule deer tag for Colorado’s second rifle season. I was wondering if anyone had any information that could be helpful. Places to start E-scouting, trail heads to check out, elevation ranges to be focused on during that time of year, tips for avoiding crowds, road conditions/closures, etc. I’m relatively new to mountain hunting in general having only done it twice (unit 77 archery elk and unit 77 first rifle elk). I have never hunted mule deer so anything you have to offer would be greatly appreciated. I’m not particularly concerned with trophy potential and would be more than happy with the chance at any decent buck. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Hey Daniel if your still around would love to pick your brain on this hunt.

Back