Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Delete

Had 3rd season last year. Lots and lots of people from Utah deer hunting in 36. Most of the people in 35 were elk hunting. Had some weather which helped move them to lower elevations. Be ready to use chains to get anywhere if there is moisture. I didn’t see any hunters in 45 the day I spent in there.

I have hunted that group of units for 10 or so years. Pm if you have questions. Have hunted second and third season, have a second season this year.

As @Blackcats06 said, if there is any moisture you will need chains or to hunt from a paved road. All the dirt roads in those units turn to grease almost instantly. I have seen many trucks very stuck over the years. Stuck stuck!

Had 3rd season last year. Lots and lots of people from Utah deer hunting in 36. Most of the people in 35 were elk hunting. Had some weather which helped move them to lower elevations. Be ready to use chains to get anywhere if there is moisture. I didn’t see any hunters in 45 the day I spent in there.
Quite impressive the amount of Utah hunters anywhere you go in Colorado.

Ive also hunted that area since the mid 2000s, took my first bull at 14 or 15 years old in 36. Like others have said it gets pretty crowded during OTC seasons, and I don't remember a year that it didn't snow on us. Feel free to PM me as well with questions, I have an either sex first rifle and a buck third rifle this year. Good luck!

Ive also hunted that area since the mid 2000s, took my first bull at 14 or 15 years old in 36. Like others have said it gets pretty crowded during OTC seasons, and I don't remember a year that it didn't snow on us. Feel free to PM me as well with questions, I have an either sex first rifle and a buck third rifle this year. Good luck!
Sent a pm

Hello everyone,

I drew a Colorado unit 35/36/45/361 third season deer tag and was curious if any other hunt talk members have drawn this tag or even maybe a fourth or second season tag and would be willing to share there experience with me?
I drew the same tag this year. I have done some scouting in the area and am going to head up there for a 2nd season OTC elk as well. The roads look like they could get bad, quick.

I drew the same tag this year. I have done some scouting in the area and am going to head up there for a 2nd season OTC elk as well. The roads look like they could get bad, quick.
They will get bad extremely quick with moisture. If you don’t have 4 chains only take the roads when frozen

Nice I have done some e scouting and will be out there a couple days early to do some scouting. Maybe we can work together and exchange numbers.

I have hunted that group of units for 10 or so years. Pm if you have questions. Have hunted second and third season, have a second season this year.

As @Blackcats06 said, if there is any moisture you will need chains or to hunt from a paved road. All the dirt roads in those units turn to grease almost instantly. I have seen many trucks very stuck over the years. Stuck stuck!
Curious on how your 2nd rifle season went?

Hello Dsnow9, I know couple years ago you offered a little help on the forum for these units and wanted to ask a couple questions if you had a moment?

I wholeheartedly echo the prior comments regarding the roads. Got greedy one year and went after a buck right as the rain started. Got the buck but almost lost my brand new truck driving out -- even with all four tires chained. White-knuckle terror the whole ride out. No steering and no brakes on that grease.

Hello Dsnow9, I know couple years ago you offered a little help on the forum for these units and wanted to ask a couple questions if you had a moment?
this mostly public unit is managed for high-quality mule deer hunting. Hunters may also hunt elk here and may buy tags over the counter during some seasons. We've had great success off the 8463Aa Rd with everyone in our group harvesting mature 4 points. Our taxi bill was somethin crazy after 2022 so we won't be back for awhile thanks to Bidenomics and lack of points.
During the migration this an even better hunt. Just start at the interstate and glass from the frontage road for giant lovestruck bucks. 131 is super productive in the later seasons too as almost no one braves the blacktop after a fresh snow hits.

this mostly public unit is managed for high-quality mule deer hunting. Hunters may also hunt elk here and may buy tags over the counter during some seasons. We've had great success off the 8463Aa Rd with everyone in our group harvesting mature 4 points. Our taxi bill was somethin crazy after 2022 so we won't be back for awhile thanks to Bidenomics and lack of points.
During the migration this an even better hunt. Just start at the interstate and glass from the frontage road for giant lovestruck bucks. 131 is super productive in the later seasons too as almost no one braves the blacktop after a fresh snow hits.
Well, now I know how much you make per hour... hope you didn't spent as much time thinking about your reply than I did asnwering back. ;) 2 post down, 8 to go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back