colorado unit 103 whitetail

Cogreeny

Hello everyone I'm new to your forum and not real tech savvy but I'm glad to be here. I have a question on unit 103 at bonny I have 8 preference points and was planning on hunting the late december season if anyone has hunted this season do you think its worth the wait or use the points on another unit? I have only taken mule deer and would like to try for a quality whitetail. Thanks

Did you draw a tag for 103? Are you bowhunting or gun hunting? There are some decent bucks in there but they get pushed out to the plains with all the hunting pressure. Ken

Too many bird hunters (like me) in that country in December, I'd hunt the 1st rifle season in late Oct. Or hunt the week days

Thanks for the response Ken I would be looking to rifle hunt that late season like I said I have 8 preference points and it looks like 13 is the magic number for the late season unless I'm drawn through the hybrid draw I'm just eager to try my hand at whitetails always hunted Mulies in unit 20 and a couple times in western slope units thanks for the info I've been out there a few times but I didn't walk around much because it was during season and didn't want to booger guys hunting

Thanks for the info the weekdays are a possibility when I draw that tag I wonder why cpw doesn't give many licenses for that late season? I may take your advice and hunt the October season I think I'd be burning a few points but if you think that's the way to go I may try it. Thank you

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back