Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Colorado Thunder Chicken Results Up

AvidIndoorsman

Anyone going to chasing gobblers somewhere new and fun?

I scored a license for my home unit which I have never gotten to hunt, I’m pretty excited to run around the old stomping grounds.

I'm excited to go see the Bosque del Oso.

Nice one! I've thought about dumping elk points there.

Since I drew last Spring, I'm OTC this year chasing my ever-frustrating local birds in the North end of the Ramparts - plus a WI tag and maybe a jaunt down to NM.

FireTiger and I will be hunting South Republican.

I'm not sure its as good as it used to be since they drained Bonny, but that's the spot we started building points for so we decided to go for it. There is camping right there, too, which is nice.

We've also got some plans to try OTC a few places by my parents house on the west slope.

Is all of CO draw hunts?
No, ~75% is OTC and I don't think many of the draw units are draw because they are great, but rather have a emerging hunt-able population. The weren't turkey's in our unit when I was growing up.

That’s a heck of a spot, I’d hold on to that one.
I would trade it for your elk spot. I stumbled across it pretty easily doing some local exploring.
Now an OTC elk spot that wasn't occupied by half the nation, that would be the cat's pajamas.

I won't be chasing them in CO, but I am taking a trip down to Tennessee in Early April and then I have two tags to hunt turkeys in Illinois. Last season was a massive disappointment for me as I lost my go to spot for one season and had to cobble together a hunt in a poor location and for my other season I had bad weather and didn't get on any birds. Big hopes for this season though. I can't wait to get out there.

FireTiger and I will be hunting South Republican.

I'm not sure its as good as it used to be since they drained Bonny, but that's the spot we started building points for so we decided to go for it. There is camping right there, too, which is nice.

We've also got some plans to try OTC a few places by my parents house on the west slope.
Not sure what it was like before but in my couple trips there for deer I think you will have a good hunt

Back