Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Colorado Springs Peep Install - Where to go?

COEngineer

I was pretty turned off by all of the archery shops I went to when I was shopping for a new bow, so I bought one on-line, but now I need a peep installed (I don't have a bow press and probably wouldn't use it enough to make it worth storing).

Any recommendations? I know Sportsmans sells bows, but do they do any work on them?

Thanks in advance.

Our local Sportsman's does some bow work. Check your local store. Probably a phone call would get a quicker answer than a website query(?). IMHO

Yes you can get it done at sportsman's. I'm not sure who is running the archery shop now but there was a pretty knowledgeable guy but I'm pretty sure he has moved on. Pelligrinos can do it. They are a little pricey if you ask me and not always the most personable but they know what they are doing for sure. I dont really go in enough to get to know them but people that do love them

Pellegrino's Archery Hut is where I have all my family's bow work done. Bill and Arllys are great people and techs they have working in the shop all know their stuff especially Kaylee. There are other options also in the springs Archery School of the Rockies (ASR), Bowhunters Edge, Sportsman's Warehouse, Bass Pro, and then you have High Impact (pueblo), Quick Draw & No Limits (Denver).

I went to Archery Hut (Pelligrinos) and it must have been Kaylee. She was very helpful and got it done very quickly and for a very reasonable price.

Consider doing it yourself. It's not difficult, a press is not required.

T Bone, can you point me to a video? I don't see how you would do it without a press and get the peep oriented correctly.

Where did you go to buy it?

eBay - it came from an archery shop in GA. It was dusty - like it had been hanging on a shelf in the back for a year, but was otherwise brand new and came in the original packaging.

sorry you found it so poor. There are plenty of other vids out there. Paying someone to do it right is always a great option.....or you could engineer it.

I was pretty turned off by all of the archery shops I went to when I was shopping for a new bow, so I bought one on-line, but now I need a peep installed (I don't have a bow press and probably wouldn't use it enough to make it worth storing).

Any recommendations? I know Sportsmans sells bows, but do they do any work on them?

Thanks in advance.
What did you buy? Jonesing for a new bow myself.

Bear BR33. I have only shot it once, but it was super fast - arrows punched through my homemade foam target which my old bow was barely getting my broadhead to poke out the back. I think I have the draw weight turned up a few pounds, but I don't think that would be enough by itself to speed the arrows up as much as they are. Looking forward to getting it sighted-in.

Back