Colorado Snowgeese.

That's a pretty vague request and I hope no one posts any location information on the forum.

Are you just looking for information on how to hunt spring snows? If so, there is a lot of great information on the web.

There are a few outfitters guiding for spring snows in the northeast portion of the state. If you have no gear I would try there.

Find some fields where the geese are frequenting, get permission from the farmer - most are very happy to have someone getting rid of those crop destroyers. Don't tear up his field, and you'll more than likely get permission in the future.

Option 1. Acquire or befriend someone with with 50-300 dozen white decoys, motion decoys, callers, blinds, etc.. Do lots of scouting, gain permission, set up decoys and if they come in, shoot! if they don’t repeat the process until they do. Same tactic works nation wide, some stick with it some don’t.

option 2. Pay a guide and let them do all of the above and just shoot when they say so.

Once you have 10,000 birds coming down over your head like a tornado you might get hooked, once you get burned after hours or days of work a few times you might curse the god forsaken white birds and never go again. Personally it’s in my dna and I will be in 3 states for a total of 4 trips chasing snows this spring.

good luck.

Last edited:
Quackillr is on the money with his post lol.

I've chased them before with minimal spreads and it can get frustrating quickly. Going this year to SK and hunting with a guide for the spring hunt for a couple days, really excited to see how a hunt goes with a really big setup!

Option 1. Acquire or befriend someone with with 50-300 dozen white decoys, motion decoys, callers, blinds, etc.. Do lots of scouting, gain permission, set up decoys and if they come in, shoot! if they don’t repeat the process until they do. Same tactic works nation wide, some stick with it some don’t.

option 2. Pay a guide and let them do all of the above and just shoot when they say so.

Once you have 10,000 birds coming down over your head like a tornado you might get hooked, once you get burned after hours or days of work a few times you might curse the god forsaken white birds and never go again. Personally it’s in my dna and I will be in 3 states for a total of 4 trips chasing snows this spring.

good luck.

I fear it is in my DNA as well. I’ve got quite a bit invested at this point and every winter I debate selling it all off and spending more time turkey hunting.

But... every first warm day in February... I get to thinkin how it ain’t so bad, gas ain’t that expensive, I guess I do have plenty of PTO still... and I start looking at the bird counts at Loess Bluffs, extended forecasts and snow cover maps. I simply cannot quit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back