Colorado ski partners wanted

ARV 106 in 188 length. 2020 model because I liked the graphics better on them and they were cheaper. Going to put some Look Pivot bindings on them and then start raving all the cool-kid words like @DouglasR! 😆
I have Atomic Backland 107 @ 182s and dang it's like steering 2 canoes down the mountain. They're way above my ability but float my fat butt in the powder but i'm not that great in the pow so I stick to on-resort touring until I get things figured out. Definitely have the new Nordica Enforcer Unlimited on the list for next purchase.

I have been eyeballing those also, I love my Icelantics on powder days, but they’re a bit much on the other 75% of days and all of my ‘rocks skis’ are closer to being turned into furniture than not. Need to find a place that is demo-ing the Declivity. If anyone comes across some, I’m all ears. Either the 92 or the 102.

this week on ‘Ski Bum’… @DouglasR goes 'full Charlie':

Seriously tho if I don’t go home this spring or if you notice me starting to develop dreads I need you guys to come and kick my ass.

I have been eyeballing those also, I love my Icelantics on powder days, but they’re a bit much on the other 75% of days and all of my ‘rocks skis’ are closer to being turned into furniture than not. Need to find a place that is demo-ing the Declivity. If anyone comes across some, I’m all ears. Either the 92 or the 102.
I'm always torn on demo-ing simply because I think the difference between demo bindings and regular bindings is as great a difference as the skis themselves.

It's like shooting a $4000 custom rifle with a $50 Walmart scope on it... no shit you're not shooting MOA.

I'm always torn on demo-ing simply because I think the difference between demo bindings and regular bindings is as great a difference as the skis themselves.

It's like shooting a $4000 custom rifle with a $50 Walmart scope on it... no shit you're not shooting MOA.
You’re a look pivot guy?

You’re a look pivot guy?
Meh...

That would be my preference for inbounds skiing, esp. moguls/jumping/ etc. That said I have markers on 2 pairs of skis.

I think for touring the armada shifts seem pretty slick, though I haven't used them.

Bindings on platforms just destroy a skis flex and/or are heavy as shit. They really have no place outside of racing.

I think for touring the armada shifts seem pretty slick, though I haven't used them.
I use the Solomon Shift (same binding different name) on my touring setup though I wouldn't be considered an aggressive skier. My buddy uses on his daily drivers and loves them and he's a terror on the hill. We haven't been touring at all this year.

Hey @wllm1313 I forgot to tell you I put on my ski boots in the parking lot Sunday, then walked over the lodge and had 4 beers and a burger in the sun with my coat off before I even thought about getting on a lift. 56 degs at the lodge. 32 deg at the house under the inversion fog.
SMH...

Seriously tho if I don’t go home this spring or if you notice me starting to develop dreads I need you guys to come and kick my ass.
You should go get a part time in a ski shop, most of the shops need more staff around 2pm. Still get a full day in on the hill. My buddy used to average a number or two a night before getting a girlfriend.

Well I don’t give a f*** if I’m living out of my truck
It’s a simple life of simple luxuries 🎵
93873D13-77EE-4367-B362-619F3E44D513.jpegDC9E740B-077C-4349-ADD5-D7D84E328958.jpeg

You should go get a part time in a ski shop, most of the shops need more staff around 2pm. Still get a full day in on the hill. My buddy used to average a number or two a night before getting a girlfriend.
That makes my list of woulda coulda shouldas.

Restaurants brah, you can make like ~$50 a hour in the nice ones and still get numbers ;)

Follow @I70things in IG. That's been keeping me away!

I may be up Saturday and ski Copper Sunday, I'll ask every rider I see in baggy gear if they are DouglasR. 😄

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back