1st Choice
  1. Unit 70, 4th Rifle
2d Choice
  • Units 64 & 65, Antlered Archery
3d Choice
  • Units 72 & 73, 4th Rifle
4th Choice
  • Units 77, 78, & 771; ES Archery
With zero points, my odds aren't that great, but, there's still OTC. So my question is this;
  • If I don't draw any of my choices. Does Colorado refund your fees?
  • If I buy an OTC tag, do I lose my points?
  • If I draw my 4th Choice, do I not get any points?

[*]If I don't draw any of my choices. Does Colorado refund your fees?
[*]If I buy an OTC tag, do I lose my points?
[*]If I draw my 4th Choice, do I not get any points?
[/LIST]

1. From Big Game brochure pg 2:
PREFERENCE POINT FEES
» HOW IT WORKS. If you do not hold an active 2015 annual* or big-game license, or
do not receive a license through the draw, you will be charged $40 PER SPECIES (for
elk, deer, pronghorn and bear) for which you get a preference point. This fee applies
to residents and nonresidents. However, residents getting deer or pronghorn preference
points will be charged only $30 for each of those.
For example: If a nonresident (who isn’t exempt from the fee) receives a point for
all four species, they will be charged $160. A resident would be charged $140.
» HOW TO AVOID IT. If you don’t want to pay the fee, you have until March 31, 2016,
to purchase a 2015 annual fishing, annual small game, annual resident combination
fishing and small game, or resident senior fishing license.
» HOW WILL I BE CHARGED FOR IT? If you are charged the preference-point fee,
it will be deducted from your 2016 big-game application refund(s). For example, if
you’re a resident and apply for a deer license or preference point and don’t draw (and
you are not exempt from the fee) you will receive a $1 refund.

2. No, only lose your points if you draw 1st choice or don't apply for 10 years.

3. No, you get a point if you don't draw 1st choice.

Colorado unit 70 4th season takes like 7-8 points for a resident. I've been chasing that tag for 4 years, and I've been a point behind every year. :eek:

Thanks Guys

What unit in your opinions would offer the best odds for a non-resident purchasing OTC for deer, either archery or rifle?

Well, if you put 4th season unit 70 as first choice, then you'll get a point to use next year, which will open up a few unit next year. I'm not sure about this year. You'll have to wait for the leftover list to come out and pick from there.

What unit in your opinions would offer the best odds for a non-resident purchasing OTC for deer, either archery or rifle?

There are no OTC deer tags.... with the exception of the OTC whitetail expansion extermination hunt....

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back