Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Colorado PP's elk

pointingdogsrule

So I have 11 PP's in Colorado. Everything that I've been reading says that I am in "no-names land". I would hate to keep putting in for PP's in elk if I don't gain anything. Am I correct??? Any suggestions appreciated. THANKS

I am in that ballpark, too. As a resident it is slightly ‘better’, but still ‘no mans land’ in that Most hunts are 0-3 and then a big spread until the next clump. Unless you’re Very young, you will Never catch up to 1/2/10/201, 61, 76.

But, ‘you never know’ - the draw system just went through a major set of changes, and I expect changes to continue. There may be a change at some point that makes a difference. And if you stop accumulating, you’re that much worse off.

I realize that the way they tested ‘point banking’ a few years back was a little bit of a debacle, but without something like that that gives a release valve to the middle-range point holders, or some other change, point creep is going to continue and the majority of people are going to keep gaining points.

If you just want to hunt elk in a less pressured environment, the flip side decision is to blow them on a low point hunt and go have fun. It’s a personal economics choice, really.

Take a look at unit 49 for 1st rifle or muzzleloader.Its by no means a trophy unit but there's plenty of elk and a fun hunt.If I had your points this is the hunt I would do.You may have enough points for some seasons in unit 76.Never hunted that unit but from all I've heard from people that have is it's similar to 49 elk numbers wise,but maybe a little better bull size

I have 17 soon to be 18 points for elk and feel like I'm in no mans land as a resident. Suppose I'll put in 2, 201 or 10 one of these days

I have 11 and my son has 12 and I started to not put in for him a point this year so we would be even, then at the last moment I decided I would, it's just 9$ and while we do plan on hunting together somewhere/time, no telling when or if they will change how points are applied, so I got him another one just in case.

Decided to cash in my nonres 13pp for elk this year in CO. Definitely in the middle units w little chance to catch up to top units. Sitting on pts for elk, deer, antelope in CO and WY....figure it's time to go hunting b4 my time runs out!!!

I'm 62 and can't possibly wait too much longer. With 6 I think I'll burn them soon. Anyone waiting 27 years can't be much of a hunter.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back