Colorado plains elk

ZBB

I drew an archery deer tag for the plains, I thought what the hell I’ll pick a plains elk tag to go with it as an incidental type deal. Well as it turns out I’ve seen more elk than mule deer. I put a stalk on this bull and bumped him at around 50 yards. I was being a dumbass and rushed the stalk because I was so excited to see an elk. He only ran a couple hundred yards. The wind just wasn’t good enough to give it another go. The picture quality isn’t the greatest but I figured this is a rare deal and cropped a bunch of potential I.D. marks out of it. Not even going to say private or public, loose lips sink ships type of deal. Watched him for the rest of the afternoon and the next morning before I had to go home and get in trouble for my apparent lack relaying what my plan was. Hopefully I can find him next weekend when I have something with a little more range and firepower than my longbow. Gonna be a long restless week. Also saw a couple mulies that I couldn’t get a decent picture of.
Zach352C15A7-7B06-44D3-9A45-15363B477E87.jpeg

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back