Colorado Muzzel hunt

streamer

Drew my CO muzzel tag this year, they have changed the zones for this hunt but I can hunt 231, 25, 26, and 34. I am pretty confident in 231 but would like to spend a couple of days scouting some of the other zones. Anyone with any thoughts on the other three zones would be appreciated. How about asking land owners, looks to be mostly National forest in these zones. Thanks for any help.

Try the lower ground around the Laurk ranch near the Colorado river in GMU 26 near McCoy. Everyone goes high and the elk will go where they arent bothered. Call the BLM and ask for the Castle Peak and King Mtn maps that they give/mail out for free. Great maps for showing land boundries and roads, much better than the maps they sell IMO.

Good luck with asking landowners. The downside to OTC tags is pretty much all the land gets leased up :(

Thanks for the reply jlmatthew I'll check into it. These areas that I'm looking into must be pretty good, everyone seems to be pretty tight lipped. May have to try calling some CO's out there to see what they have to say. Don't plan on traveling to far from 231 this is where are base camp will be.

The reason a lot of folks are tight lipped is how many folks are going to show up to an area posted on a public forum in an OTC area LOL!

I have access to private so I no longer care about that area, but I wouldnt have posted what i did if I was still hunting there

This maybe OTC with bow, but not with muzzelloader, I choose to us the PM method to give out any info. Its not like I'm asking for the GPS numbers but i know what you mean when you let out a hot spot and next thing you know there are 6-8 guys camped next to you. I've seen tons of guys asking for help with little results, but the right guy like you may get him started in an area. Thanks

'I have access to private land' ---- well then shut up and hunt it. I do not. And suspect most do not appreciate showing up to their 'spot', and seeing a parking lot b/c someone is loose lipped?!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back