Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Colorado GMU 591 "Closed for Furlough"

Osvidar

Up until tonight the shutdown hadn't gotten to me. Tomorrow was to be the opening of deer and elk (I drew a buck and a cow) on Ft Carson. Now Congress has got my attention...:(

It was closed 3/4 archery season with the flooding. I got the final day of the season to hunt on it. Saw 0

Welcome to CO and HuntTalk Osvidar.

Bummer about the Ft. Carson closure, ask jlmatthew about the furlough...

You originally from San Diego? I grew up in El Cajon & Lakeside.

Welcome Osvidar! Read in ano article that park rangers had been instructed "to make it as painful as possible!" Ranger response was "It's disgusting!" POTUS has got to go!

Guys,
After the shut down I couldn't find a buck. Kept at it finding the does until the bucks started showing. After two opportunities that didn't pan out on the third 'road hunters' blew me out of a good set up. I finally connected on Vets Day. a smallish 4X5 mulie on almost the same set up and stalk as the infamous 'road hunter' morning.. DOW vet said it was ~3 & 1/2. Training Area 9. I've taken deer in TA 9 or 10 the last three seasons. On Black Friday my son shot his doe about 1/3 mile from my gut pile. My experience with the Army wildlife officers has been nothing like that posted. In general they are hunters and are interested in you doing it right while being successful. Most of the negative I've heard about Ft. Carson has been from folks who haven't hunted it and are put off by the Army's requirements. Fine with me fewer folks= less competition... Not from San Diego but got my BA at SDSU go Aztecs!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back