Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Colorado G10 Mountain Goat

redwoood

Anybody on here hunted this unit? If so and your willing to chat about some basic info such as non hunting recreational pressure I would be all ears.
Thanks.

Only a few hundred on a winter day... Fourth of July??? it may get some public intrusions.

Public intrusions is an understatement.

@Khunter Just make sure when the nice young lady at the trail head is swooning about how cute the baby goats are and notices you have giant packs on(dead goat stuffed in packs), that you just tell her you were deer hunting. The possibility of deer murder doesn't seem to phase them.

Throw the packs in the truck and boogie before the blood starts dripping of the tailgate.EE87CAED-4F57-42C4-B887-552FC021B90C.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm mostly worried about having spectators while actively hunting. Can you get away from the hikers during the week?

short answer is no but you can minimise it by avoiding Mcculough and Quandary and its connecting acres

I'm mostly worried about having spectators while actively hunting. Can you get away from the hikers during the week?
I found a couple spots with no spectators or sun bathing beauties. 2nd season. I didn’t see a soul the day I shot my goat. PM me if you draw the tag.

Still looking for someone to Long Range a nanny off the side of Quandary from the Blue Lakes parking lot. Then recording the hysterical shrieks, cry’s and sobbing of the crowd as it tumbles all the way to the road with its kid chasing it down the whole way.

I found a couple spots with no spectators or sun bathing beauties. 2nd season. I didn’t see a soul the day I shot my goat. PM me if you draw the tag.

Still looking for someone to Long Range a nanny off the side of Quandary from the Blue Lakes parking lot. Then recording the hysterical shrieks, cry’s and sobbing of the crowd as it tumbles all the way to the road with its kid chasing it down the whole way.
6B5C41E3-BC98-48C8-BF37-7BFD779D44A6.jpeg

😉

I hate that this made me chuckle as hard as it did...

This nanny perhaps?
I hate that this made me chuckle as hard as it did...

Like this nanny and kid?

The one louder grandpa type yells "oh my god" at the first good tumble. This attracts the attention of all in the parking lot. As the tumbles get longer in air time, Karen notices the kid racing down the hill, also tripping and stumbling to keep up with mom. She uncontrollably barfs up that 1/2 rack of ribs she devoured an hour ago down in Breckinridge. As the general anxiety level of crowd climbs it is soon even felt by the 3 year old toddler who missed his nap, he suddenly burst into a nap needed type wail.

The crowd falls quiet as the nanny finally finds her final resting spot on the road, rocks are still rolling down the hill and a dust cloud is moving off to the East. Buschy calmly racks in a fresh shell and hands the gun to Khunter who cleanly takes the kid at a mere 25 yards......................

Last edited:
The one louder grandpa type yells "oh my god" ...

The crowd falls quiet as the nanny finally finds her final resting spot on the road, rocks are still rolling down the hill and a dust cloud is moving off to the East. Buschy calmly racks in a fresh shell and hands the gun to Khunter who cleanly takes the kid at a mere 25 yards......................
harrumph, I took mine at 23 yards, not a distant 25 yards, in G10, here is the shot, sans rifle. Wait for it and you will see the arrow. The only audience was Dinkshooter, I could hear his wailing as she went down. Took him a good 5 minutes to compose himself. Can’t imagine how he would have reacted had there been a kid with this lone nanny. Goatmade it 10 steps and keeled over—about as textbook as one could hope for a bow kill.

Now there was the time I elbowed a grandma with a camera out of the way to arrow a cow moose...but this is a goat thread.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back