Colorado elk and deer hunters

Bigjay73

I cant see far out of my gyms window. How is all of this smoke affecting your ability to glass and see animals? Looks rough from Castle Rock.
20200907_115129.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday, wasn’t too bad. I’m straight west of Williams Fork and I got super lucky and was able to glass up a few elk last night skylined on a ridge, but the wind switched overnight and holy smokes (pun intended), I thought I was gassing worse than normal while trying to climb to a glassing knob this morning.

This pic was at 12:50, it was worse around 10.
059E1249-AE88-4FF0-8CAF-6D40D836AE04.jpeg

Horrible in the Springs today ....to the point where breathing is no fun :( I am hoping this front coming through tonight helps alot.

Horrible in the Springs today ....to the point where breathing is no fun :( I am hoping this front coming through tonight helps alot.

I'm right there with you, wasn't to bad yesterday, got some work done on getting rifles ready to go, but today is rough! Hopefully tomorrow will be better with this front moving in.

Sheep and goat season starts for a lot of folks tomorrow. Looks like they'll be dealing with either smoke or snow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back