Colorado Draw Question

WesternRookie

So if a unit is guaranteed to draw, even with 0 points, does that mean I could list it as my second choice? That way I don't lose my preference points?

Trying to figure out how to pull a tag for a 0 pt draw unit without losing my PPs.

Just got to make sure the unit you want has enough tags leftover every year. I mean there could be 50 tags available 49 put in first choice 0 points that only leaves 1 available for the second choicers. Just a thought I like to look at the drawn out report from CPW. Or you could talking about a unit that has 1000s of leftover tags. Then of course follow above post

What unit / license are you talking about?

If you go to the below site and look for "drawn out" pdf, you'll be able to see where each tag was drawn at. You'll be able to see if your tag went to second choice or leftover last year. They've got the results up for the last few years.

Preference point code 1st, and then pick a "2nd choice" or "3rd choice" or "4th choice" or "leftover" hunt code from the drawn out list posted above to put as your 2nd choice. It changes year to year, so you too may not draw it. You could always hunt OTC.

Can we also do it as a group, so we either all draw it or we don't?

Our plan right now is an OTC unit, but if we could draw a better unit and still be able to keep preference points, that would be ideal

I can't speak to applying as a group, but I like to look at the draw recap reports on the CPW site. It shows how many people drew 1st thru 4th choice and if there were any leftover tags. I don't think there are a lot of public land units that are guaranteed draw as a second choice, but there are probably some that have decent odds.

Can we also do it as a group, so we either all draw it or we don't?

Our plan right now is an OTC unit, but if we could draw a better unit and still be able to keep preference points, that would be ideal
Yes, you can apply as a group and either all draw or nobody draws.
Tags that can be drawn 100% as second choice (either 1st or 4th rifle) is going to be in a unit that is OTC for 2nd and 3rd seasons.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back