Yeti GOBOX Collection

Colorado Deer Unit 80/81

Jswanner1

I have hunted elk in this area 2 years. The first time I hunted was the first of archery season and saw some nice mule deer, I'm from Georgia so I am comparing the deer to Georgia Whitetails. They may be small by mule deer standards but I'll be happy with any legal buck. With that said, I drew a mule deer tag for this area this year. For the most part, the mule deer that have been seen have been all over and no real pattern that I could tell. Some have been in dark timer on game trails and some have been in meadows. I have listened to podcasts every day about hunting mule deer and they all talk about glassing mule deer and trying to get them to bed down before you try to move in on them. The areas in these units that I have been elk hunting in, does not look suitable for glassing mule deer due to dark timer and being thick. Maybe I just don't know what I am doing. When hunting elk, we mostly hunt water holes or try to call. I will also be elk hunting this year while deer hunting. Any advise on how to become an okay mule deer hunter for the last 2 weeks of archery season? Thanks in advance.

Good luck 1st of all. my biggest thing is finding them in patterns. I have always located deer in the same general area year after year. I would say try to remember where you have seen them in the past. I know you say its random but more than likely it was not. You were probably just focused on finding the elk as to patterning the deer. just my opinion

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back