MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Colorado changes 2023

KingOfTagSoup

Just a PSA for those who may not be aware, due to the severe winter kill this past year Colorado is significantly cutting tags for multiple species and shortening the OTC seasons for 2023. Something you may want to look into if you are planning to hunt there this year.

Just a PSA for those who may not be aware, due to the severe winter kill this past year Colorado is significantly cutting tags for multiple species and shortening the OTC seasons for 2023. Something you may want to look into if you are planning to hunt there this year.
Only cutting tags and shortening 2, 3rd OTC elk seasons in the NW corner of the state. CPW commission's response to brutal winter kill in that region.

That sounds like responsible actions to have taken. I imagine there was push-back to cutting even one tag.

They reduced Cow Tags from 3,500 in those GMU's to 250 tags for the second and third seasons. The Bull tags are still OTC and unlimited, but the season has been cut to five days. (For bull tags only. The cow tags, if you can get one, allow you to hunt the full season.) Good luck.

Reasonable. We are in the draw for Unit 18 first rifle. That is usually an either sex tag, if they want to limit it to bulls only for a while that would be ok by me. I don't know what the full winter was like in that area though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back