Colorado Bighorn Success

Iron Buck

We had a friend in our archery elk camp who drew a Colorado Bighorn tag. After many miles, many climbs & some very hard work glassing and hunting he took this fine ram :grin:

Here he is shortly after the kill :grin:

f63f7720.jpg

My buddy John & I take a break from our elk hunt to climb up & help Anthony with his ram. Here we are posing with his trophy

4246e93b.jpg

The weather was brutal up top that day. Here is my buddy John with Anthony after caping out the ram. Notice the rainbow in the background. A fitting end!

AnthonyRam5.jpg

Some pictures with Anthony the next day....packout day!

eb6e7478.jpg

Some views of a fine Colorado Ram. Congrats to Anthony! :grin:

AnthonyRam8.jpg

AnthonyRam6.jpg

AnthonyRam7.jpg

Congrats to your group IBuck!
Dang with all these ram pics of late, ol' Marv is startin to get sheep fever....

Congrats to your friend on a fine looking ram. Thanks for the great pictures. That ram must have been the gold at the end of the rainbow for him. :cool:

Nice Ram! Congratulations to the lucky hunter. Looks kind of like S16. Great pictures. Any luck with the archery hunt?

Here are the offical stats on the Ram:

From the Division of Wildlife office in Durango today where the ram was measured and plugged. Here are the results:

Length of horn around outside curve
Left horn: 30 1/4
Right horn: 29 3/8
Basal circumference at hairline:
Left horn: 13 1/8
Right horn 13 1/4
Horn spread: 19 1/4
Annual growth rings: 7 1/2
Curl: 7/8

Hopefully I can get drawn while I can still climb those hills LOL. Those Rams live in some nice (but high) country. They are truly a dream animal of mine.
hump.gif
:D

AWESOME !! Althopugh I need to get a Piece of the Easy looking colorado country :D :D

I'd say Our Rams are within a Few Inches of each other. Looks like thge Rams are Dropping like Flies around here !!!

Originally posted by pa mt man:
Nice ram. They sure are cool looking animals. How did your bow hunt go?
PA Mt Man,

The elk hunt was great. We were into elk everyday........I am yalking about real nice 6x6 animals. I passed several shots (20-30 yards) on 4x4s and some rag horn 5x5s. When you are seeing the big boys it is hard to shoot the little ones :D Anyway, we did not come home with any elk meat this year. But we had a fantastic time. Great hunts with great buddies. It is hard to ask for more. I'll be back up there next year for sure. Hopefuly with a deer tag to go along with my elk tag LOL.

I am eligable to draw on Colorado sheep next year.....but I most likely have a long wait. If I draw a ram tag That changes EVERYTHGING :D Here's hoping.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back