Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Colorado 11/211 3rd rifle- Wife's first mule deer tag

cbellosu

Hi all,

Fairly new to western hunting and a novice at mule deer. My wife took her hunter's education this winter and drew a 3rd season rifle deer in 11/211. Any tips on what terrain to focus on while scouting this summer? Also if anyone has any general advice on this unit I would appreciate it.

I drew 4th season for the same units. I’m a new resident to Meeker so I will have plenty of time to scout. I have some ideas of where I’ll be focusing, but I have a lot to learn about the area.

if you are interested in working together shoot me a PM and we can get in touch.

I'm not that experienced but have hunting 3/301 twice. There's a ton of deer migrating around that time. I'd concentrate on the BLM just south of Craig. I saw hundreds of deer last year. There weren't a ton of bucks, but if you have a few days, you'll find one.

Never hunted the area but if it's like every other place I have hunted in Colorado they will be low. Find does and the bucks won't be to far away. Early morning and late evening. My experience with mule deer hunting Colorado is if you don't get one you didn't get out of the truck 😂

How the hunt turn out? be headed there for 3rd season this year!!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back