Caribou Gear

Collectables

Europe

I have been asked about this and whenever I am asked I always say, collect what interests you. Collectables can be almost anything and it is a bit more fun if your collecting something you like.

The question was "is firearms a good collectable ? " They can be, but they do require a bit of maintenance and the era of finding a double rifle in an estate sale that is being sold as a double shotgun is probably over. I liked vehicles but they take more room and maintenance, but can be fun, if you enjoy restoring vehicles AND they can be driven. My husband in his infinite wisdom thought he was knowledgeable about art, but the only thing we have that is worth anything is a Red Skeleton painting. The best for us have been coins --by far actually, and they are easy to store, as are stamps, baseball cards, etc. I have no idea when the coins we collected will be sold, as they are now with our children, with instructions for them to be handed down to their children-- The best advise I can give you is to collect what you enjoy. I still look for the next microsoft and have lost a bit of money doing so, but so far the winners have out distanced the losers so it is all good ;)

I find that nothing I am interested in collecting is ever a good investment because I never sell it. Consequently it borders on hoarding. But sage advise to collect something you like or otherwise just learn the stock market.

Somehow I think your house just might be a treasure trove. Hope you are well and get to enjoy Christmas!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back