CO Unit 20 Elk

The Warden was going to let the forest service know and then I'm not exactly sure what their steps are. Probably contact the landowner first and tell them to remove it? Or maybe they just go and remove it? I'm not exactly sure.
2021 Regs had one page with statewide restrictions.

It did include this.

Roads and trails were damage by the 2013 flood in game units 7,8,19,20 and portion of 29,38, and 191. Motorized and foot access may still limited. Project work could also impact these and additional GMU on the Arapaho/Roosevelt national forest. They still have same warning 2022 Regs but now include Troublesome Fire. I would think Game Warden knew what's in Regs since they published it.

Dow handles wildlife and FS handle land. If you have copy new regs page 68 you can get fs site.

I’m thinking about having this unit as a archery cow hunt as second choice since it’s basically a guaranteed tag for me. I would love to know where I can and can’t get access. If any has an outfitter recommendation for me and they have cow hunts hit me up. Also do you know where Estes Park city limits are at so I can not go there and is it worth it to bring a spotting scope with you?

My wife and I just returned from a brutal but successful (might as well add lucky too) elk hunt in unit 20 during the first rifle season. While we were there, we learned a few things currently about the unit that we really wish we knew before going. If anyone has a rifle tag yet for this year and would like to know a few things before going about the status of the burns and other access issues, hit me up and I'll be glad to share what we learned that ultimately led to us filling both our bull elk tags.
I'm drawing a unit 20 in 2024 and would love to hear any tips that would help. I'm probably going 1st rifle or a later hunt. I have 10 points so I know I'll draw. Anything would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance- Tim

I'm drawing a unit 20 in 2024 and would love to hear any tips that would help. I'm probably going 1st rifle or a later hunt. I have 10 points so I know I'll draw. Anything would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance- Tim
Well first off, welcome to hunt talk.

Second, read the damn thread. How much more help could you really ask for? Probably way more than any other thread here about unit xxx

Well first off, welcome to hunt talk.

Second, read the damn thread. How much more help could you really ask for? Probably way more than any other thread here about unit xxx
Reading hurts man why would you make any of us do that?

• Haha
Reactions: JAG
Shoot one at the second waypoint from the bottom and you can probably load him up on a golf cart for a ride back to the clubhouse.
I'm not sure what you should be more worried about in that scenario - the fine or the purses from the Karens? I don't think you would survive and make it back to the clubhouse.

My wife and I just returned from a brutal but successful (might as well add lucky too) elk hunt in unit 20 during the first rifle season. While we were there, we learned a few things currently about the unit that we really wish we knew before going. If anyone has a rifle tag yet for this year and would like to know a few things before going about the status of the burns and other access issues, hit me up and I'll be glad to share what we learned that ultimately led to us filling both our bull elk tags.
Seeth07, congrats on the bulls you got in 20. We hunted in 19 that borders it and lucked out on back to back archery bulls in 2021. Would love to hear what you have for boots on the ground. I am in Fort Collins and have a plan of attack. With it being a 5 day hunt anything helps as it isn't my tag but a friend with two kids under 14 months in his home so time is a premium. You can email me at [email protected]

Seeth07, congrats on the bulls you got in 20. We hunted in 19 that borders it and lucked out on back to back archery bulls in 2021. Would love to hear what you have for boots on the ground. I am in Fort Collins and have a plan of attack. With it being a 5 day hunt anything helps as it isn't my tag but a friend with two kids under 14 months in his home so time is a premium. You can email me at [email protected]

Newer members, please note that we expect a rash of new members @application time, most asking about "any reports on unit xyz?" Most will engage in discussions here, leave for their hunt w promises to tell the story of their wilderness adventure. Then they are never heard from again. So the reply Welcome to HT is the generic welcome for this class of newbs. Kind of like:
]
Classic

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back