CO Second Draw Question

oldillini

I drew a bull tag for 1st rifle season in CO. There were leftover cow tags for the same season and unit. Is it correct that I can apply in the secondary draw for that cow tag even after drawing the bull tag?

Yep, you can have one A tag and a B tag, or two B tags in any given year for a species.

Many cow tags are B, but in some units, usually close to objective they might be A tags.

Also, you can hold additional C tags, though these are relatively uncommon and depredation-type hunts. Good luck out there!

Thanks for the responses. My application is in.

Two years ago I took a bull in this unit. He was with 6 cows. They stood there for 2-3 minutes after the bull went down. Seen cows every time I’ve been in the unit, just never thought to try second tag draw.

Another question about the Secondary Draw: I know youth have 100% preference and points are not considered at all, but do they look at everyone’s first choice before going to the second through fourth choices like in the primary draw? Or do they look at each of an applicant’s choices before moving to the next person? Don’t see the answer to that in the published materials.

I wonder what the odds are many of these tags make it past the youth? I would guess they’d be picked over pretty hard. Anyone know how this has played out in past years?

I wonder what the odds are many of these tags make it past the youth? I would guess they’d be picked over pretty hard. Anyone know how this has played out in past years?
Atleast that is likely what will happen if there are less than 5 tags.

Attachments

• 1624057409068.gif
    1624057409068.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 9

This is the second year for the secondary draw. Last year, reissues weren't even on the list.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back